U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, June 27th, 2022 7:58 PM

Closed

Is there a list of compatible phone models?

I recently joined xfinity mobile and found out my phone isn't compatible with the network even though the compatibility checker said it would be. Is there a list of compatible phones somewhere that I can use to verify what phone that I get to replace it will be compatible? I am thinking about getting an S10 5G if I can find one that will work.

Accepted Solution

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

2 years ago

There is no list per se of XM compatible phones, but here is the link to XM’s support page:

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/explained-byod-phone-compatibility-results

XM does have a compatibility page to check if your existing phone is compatible:

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/byod/compatibility/device

Basically you are out of luck, or proceeding at your own risk, if you plan to buy an unlocked phone for a discount from a manufacturer, store, friend, eBay or somewhere else without having the IMEI of the phone. 

Your best bet is to keep checking every week for deals on XM for new phones etc. 

If you are already a Comcast/Xfinity Internet user you can login to your account, sign up for Xfinity Rewards, and there are usually Rewards for buying new phones or bringing your own phones, both of which can be used once a year for multiple phones. Read the conditions carefully. Please note that the incentives on the XM site cannot be combined with any other offers such as the previously mentioned rewards.  

(edited)

Valued Contributor

• 

406 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for reaching out to us on the forums, @user_9149f7! You can check this link to confirm that your desired model is compatible. If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityTimothy​ 

Hi Timothy.  I am a current xfinity mobile customer and have been a Comcast subscriber for internet and TV  since 1981!  My wife and I currently are using iPhone 7 on our xfinity mobile account, however the battery in my phone is not holding a charge and I either have to replace the battery or upgrade to a newer iPhone.  Since we are on fixed income (Social Security) we can't afford the new generation of Apple iPhones.  We would like to upgrade to an iPhone 8 or 8+ but not sure if they are compatible with the xfinity mobile network.  Also, it appears, to find out if a particular iPhone is compatible we have to know the IMEI of the phone, however to find that number we have to first buy the phone.   This seems a little risky to have to first buy the phone and, if it is not compatible, try to return it.

Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

Since this is a little more specific I would recommend reaching out to our Xfinty mobile experts that can be reached by calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at https://comca.st/3rmri6X where a Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Sounds like a good way to force customers into buying from you. Thankfully there are many cellular providers that are more straightforward with what phones you can use on their network. I'll be switching providers when I get my new sim card on Friday. Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@user_9149f7 we certainly don't want to see you leave, but I understand needing to make sure your provider works with your phone as well. Were you still thinking of switching providers or were you able to get your new sim card set up? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here