Rick441's profile

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

Tuesday, August 31st, 2021 1:00 AM

Closed

iPhone calls flagged as "Potential Spam" by Xfinity Mobile aren't being silenced as per settings

I know that for awhile Xfinity Mobile has had a feature where some suspected spam calls are flagged as "Potential Spam."  I would prefer that these go silently to voicemail instead of ringing the phone (iPhone SE Gen2, iOS 14.4), and was going to make that suggestion.

But I first checked settings, and apparently those calls *are* supposed to be silenced: Settings > Phone > Call Blocking > Silence Junk Callers (under "CARRIER CALL IDENTIFICATION") turned ON.  The description for the ON setting here says, "Calls identified by Xfinity Mobile as potential spam or fraud will be silenced, automatically sent to voicemail, and displayed on the Recents list."  Instead, as I said the "Potential Spam" calls are ringing until they eventually go to voicemail like any unanswered call.  So the feature apparently isn't working correctly, at least on my phone.  Any advice on how I might fix it so it actually works as the "Silence Junk Callers" setting describes?

FWIW, when I instead get calls labeled "Maybe: Junk" (maybe a Verizon network thing?), those calls *do* get silenced and go straight to voicemail.  So I don't have to be interrupted by them as I am with the "Potential Spam" calls.  But the "Maybe:Junk"  system doesn't seem to snagging many of my spam calls anymore; instead I'm getting more of the (unsilenced) "Potential Spam" calls.

Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

49 Messages

3 years ago

Hi there, thank you so much for reaching out to our forums and we are sorry that you are having issues with the spam feature. In order for us to help look into this for you, you would need to reach out to our mobile experts at either https://comca.st/3t5H9qk or through (888) 936-4968. Let us know if you have any issues with either of these options. 

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks.  I did that once before but I was told that this call filtering feature does not prevent the phone from ringing when it is marked as Potential Spam.  It was just as I started to post a suggestion that the feature include silencing, that I noticed my phone's settings already say it will silenced.  So I'll contact them again with that additional information.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

49 Messages

Thank you so much for that feedback and if you do have any issues after you do reach out this time, please let us know. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Mines are off but my call are blocked and people I normally talk

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here