S

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Thursday, September 8th, 2022 12:19 AM

Closed

iPhone 14 Ditching SIM for eSIM

With Apple’s announcement today of the iPhone 14 and beyond dropping support for all physical SIM cards instead supporting multiple eSIMs, will Xfinity Mobile be offering iPhone 14s and FINALLY supporting eSIMs or no?

Accepted Solution

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

2 years ago

Yes, right there on the BYOD page:

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/learn/byod

NEW WAY TO SWITCH
Switching to Xfinity Mobile is easier than ever with eSIM

Now you can bring your phone to Xfinity Mobile and switch from home with an eSIM-compatible device. Don't have eSIM? Order a free SIM card and easily switch from home.

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@maximumr​ nice.  I missed that.

Now, how easy is it to switch an existing line that has a compatible phone over to eSIM?

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

Knowing xfinity it will be difficult and probably take some time and be error prone, like when I originally ported my number in...

You will notice that they are not listed as a carrier that supports eSIM Quick Transfer (transfer physical sim to eSIM):

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209096

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I tried to activate eSIM on iPhone12 using the link above... Got the "Incompatible device" verdict.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Weird- same happened to me with my IPHONE se

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@V.H.​ iPhone 13 allows 2 eSIMs w/o a physical nano SIM.  However iPhone 12 requires one physical nano SIM.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I’m hesitant to pre order a iPhone 14 from Apple. I’m new to xfinity and brought my family over from AT&T. I had so many problems  with not being able to connect my Apple Watch 7 and being told I didn’t have enough lines available after being toldcould have up to 10 lines! All my phones and Watch are working now but after that fiasco, I’m hesitant to order..

Contributor

• 

473 Messages

Hey there @user_797a7c

I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at https://comca.st/3B9Mfqh where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

it is a nightmare to deal with Xfinity. I had all kind of issued with my setup from internet to phone provisioning internet, their Website and the back end system so inconsistence. I am an I.T person, but it been a nightmare dealing with them, and don't trust those oversea try to help you, they will screw up your account even more

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I have had the same experience. Though I am not an IT person, the nightmare rages on.  In the last month, I have learned to NEVER call or chat online from their site. ALWAY go in the store for any issues. Their contractors are incompetent liars.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@MisterMatic​ 

Yep. seems like they tell you anything just to get you get you off the call. I was speaking to somene on the "advanced" team yesterday about my ported number not working ... she was laughing wth people n the background and VERY non-chalant about helping me. Tld me to do a network settings reset- knowing that would END our call. I did the reset, the issue was not corrected, and no one bothered to call me back . 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Definitely wondering when iPhone 14 (Pro, especially) will be available to order through Xfinity mobile on a monthly plan. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@Sapphonest​  from what I read it should be available for pre order tomorrow 9/9. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I just ordered my 14Pro last Friday and it it scheduled to arrived this Sunday and I am an existing customer so you should be able to upgrade your phone to the 14 now or get a brand new phone

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I’m also new with Xfinity and was wondering why they don’t do the preorders and deals the same time as the other carriers. 

Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

@user_0262b8 Hello and thank you for reaching out over our Xfinity Community Forums. For any Xfinity Mobile related questions, you would need to reach out directly to our incredible Xfinity Mobile support team, however, in looking at our Xfinity Mobile website there is a place where it says you can Preorder the new iPhone 14, located here https://comca.st/3eFTAWF. In order to find out more about what specific Xfinity Mobile deals we have available, and if they are similar to other carriers offers for the new iPhone 14 and other popular new devices, I would recommend reaching out to our incredible Xfinity Mobile support team, who can be reached by calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached via our secure online chat at https://comca.st/3B9Mfqh where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7.

Visitor

• 

30 Messages

Thanks for posting but I have texted the support team two different times.  They were unable to tell me whether I could change an existingXM  SIM to an eSIM and how to do it.  It was a. Incredibly frustrating experience (twice).  It’s a simple and I suspect soon to be comm question.  Can’t you find the answer and post it for all of the Apple XM owners here?

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityChristopher​ 

"incredible Xfinity Mobile support team"  is a reach. 

Problem Solver

• 

546 Messages

user_505819 Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited, here on the forum.

I assure you that it is not that we don't want to help, we just don't have access, and are unable to perform account specific requests over this platform.

Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

2 years ago

I honestly can't can't bring myself to care about the 14.  Apple basically made it identical to the 13.  Hopefully the iPhone 15 series next year will see an upgrade in technical specs., a USB-C port instead of lightning (supporting Thunderbolt would be awesome, but I will take USB 3 speeds) with full USB PD support, and an upgraded wireless charging standard/support for the top end of the Qi standard.

I was more interested in the eSIM support by Xfinity and Apple's new phones do force that change.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@sraym5​ Satellite connectivity is a game changer. There are many of us who both buy a secondary device and pay a monthly plan to have security in the backcountry. Apple is moving to make that space part of your phone. (Others are as well, I think we're 1-3 years from everyone having this.)

Otherwise, I do think the 14 is a bogus upgrade, but the 14 pro is fairly significant. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@sraym5​ I agree. I’m doing just fine with my 13 PM. My wife is getting the 14 tho. We’ll see how XM handles the eSim transition. Not to optimistic since they couldn’t get it to work on my 13 lol

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Is Xfinity going to have the iPhone 14 available to pre-order in the AM?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

The website is yet to get updated but there was this announcement…

New and existing Xfinity Mobile and Comcast Business Mobile customers can take $400 off a new iPhone, including the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max, and the entire iPhone 13 and iPhone 12 line. New customers must activate a new Xfinity Mobile line within 30 days of purchase, and existing customers can upgrade one of their existing lines to receive the deal.

https://corporate.comcast.com/press/releases/xfinity-mobile-comcast-business-mobile-advanced-iphone-lineup

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

can XM allow dual SIM devices on their network?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Will devices with dual SIMs be able to utilize the XM network?

Problem Solver

• 

567 Messages

That's a great question! While we're unable to assist with this mobile services inquiry here, you can reach our awesome Xfinity Mobile team by any of these three methods:

- SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
- Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
- Chat: https://comca.st/3S2jLWh

I'm confident that the experts on our Mobile team will be more than happy to assist you with this. Please let us know if you're still having trouble after reaching out.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I chatted w/ a support rep yesterday and he pointed me to the bottom of this page to setup esim for my existing XM phone number/account on the new iPhone 14. https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/how-to-activate-phone It’s the bottom section titled “Activate an iPhone With eSIM”. Fingers crossed it works when my new phone arrives.

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

2 years ago

Lots of questions above. Here is some history and some answers:

1.) Since the iPhone XR came out you could have two lines on an unlocked phone, however you could only have one XM or Verizon line (both CDMA) on your phone because phones could only provision one CDMA line. You could add an AT&T eSIM or most international eSIMs. 

2.) Eventually Verizon came out with a non-CDMA 4G LTE only eSIM that did not need to be provisioned and would allow these to be added so Verizon allowed two Verizon lines.
3.) 3G CDMA is, or will be history by the end of the year. 

4.) The new XM eSIM is non-CDMA (4G/LTE/5G) and therefore you should now be able to have multiple XM lines on a phone, though only two lines can be active at the same time. 
5.) Since the iPhone 13 you can have two active lines from eSIMs, not just one SIM and one eSIM active line. 

Remember if your phone is locked you can only add lines from the carrier, XM in our case, who locked your phone. If you purchase a phone from XM on a 24 month plan your phone is locked until you pay off your phone, otherwise it cannot be unlocked for 60 days. 

Visitor

• 

30 Messages

@DaveO3​ Thanks.  But the answer many want is “How does an existing XM iPhone user move their existing SIM to an eSIM?”  xfinity support can’t answer that question and there’s nothing on the web site about it.  Apparently no problem if you are a new customer but SOL if you are an existing one.

Visitor

• 

30 Messages

@DaveO3​ can you describe the working difference when you have two active eSIMs on a phone?  Do you see separate text sessions by phone number and/or see which line is ringing?  Can you set different controls like Do not disturb on each line separately?  Thanks!

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

Here is the Apple Support for Using Dual SIM

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209044

No word yet on converting XM SIM to eSIM. Probably have to go to XM Store for now. 

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

2 years ago

We will find out more, probably not much more, when users receive their new iPhone 14 starting on the September 16th since they will require an eSIM. As far as eSIMs on other newly purchased phones or transferring from current SIMs your guess is as good as mine, but eventually will be able to be done in the XM App. 

Visitor

• 

30 Messages

@DaveO3​ I agree.  But it seems a little ridiculous that XM support can’t answer a pretty basic question.  I selected the Apple in store trade in option but no way am I going to wipe and turn in my old phone before I’m confident I can walk out of the store with service on my new one.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I got a new iPhone 14, i tried to switch my physical sim to eSIM but without any luck, called support and stayed 56 minutes on the line, they gave an old guide to activate eSIM that is no longer valid, when I used the below link, it gave an error that it is no longer valid and need to contact carrier support:

gsmacct.vzw.otgeuicc.com

I took an appointment and visited one of their stores, immediately they shut me down and said sorry we do not deal with eSIM support and you need to contact customer support. So again to square zero, what a nightmare!!!

any further suggestions how I can fix this other than switching into another carrier ?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_520ee4​ ugh. Mine just arrived and I was about to set it up. Second guessing that now. Watching this thread closely. I’ll report back anything I find. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Please, let’s see in case anyone is able to fix this

Visitor

• 

30 Messages

@user_520ee4​ [Edited: "Language"]  Exactly what I was afraid of.

I opened a new thread this morning on exactly this question (existing XM sub moving to an iPhone 14) to see if anyone had been successful.

Obviously there is nothing YOU can do; XM support has to figure this out.  It seems they haven’t done anything since the announcement to get ready.

(For the XM employees here - PLEASE don’t give us your typical “Please call or text support” - they are reading from scripts and don’t appear to understand the issue.  FIND SOMEONE INTERNALLY THAT KNOWS THE ANSWER AND POST IT HERE !!!)

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

This is what happened to me exactly, over the phone without any luck, hope it got sorted out soon

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I gave up on the esim stuff. tried porting my XM phone number to a new carrier, but even their porting functionality doesn't work, so, just cancelled service and am swallowing the pain of having a new phone number to give everyone. XM's been pretty good, but I always get the latest iphones/iwatches and every single time I've done that moving XM onto them has been a nightmare. so... moving on.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Received my new 14 pro I ordered from Apple and brought it to my local Xfinity store. Had it activated in about 30 minutes. Would have been sooner but only one person knew how to activate the esim and we were waiting as the CS person finished with their customer. They admitted that the self activation on line was incorrect, there was a small link on the Xfinity employee screen for the esim that the CS person didn’t even know was there until another worker pointed her about it. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Well this is disheartening to hear. Currently using an iPhone 12 Pro Max and the iPhone 14 Pro that i purchased from Apple directly just arrived. Am i correct in understanding that the ONLY way to get the new phone activated is to drive to an Xfinity store? The closest one is ~ 45 minutes away, so i am seriously not happy if that's my only option.

Visitor

• 

30 Messages

@user_c3997d​ I did not mean to imply the only way is to go to a store.  I went to a store because I couldn’t get through on the support line.  I just would have told them exactly what I told the store rep and what to look for/do.  My primary point was don’t accept “there’s something wrong and we have to wait for it to clear” as an answer.  The right support person can see why the online upgrade didn’t work and fix it.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

After having troubles with the website, I got mine done over the support line. Did two in fact. The first one took a little longer because that XM line is used in a dual e-sim setup I have. It was escalated to level 2 but they got it done, it was easy. The second one only took a few minutes with the first person I spoke to.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

glad you got activated, been waiting 2 days, now on hold again for who knows how long to talk to someone i cant understand. 

Problem Solver

• 

567 Messages

This isn't the kind of experience we want you to have with us. While we're unable to assist with your mobile account here, you can always reach our awesome Xfinity Mobile team by any of these three methods:

- SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
- Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
- Chat: https://comca.st/3BAv1Cu

I'm confident that the experts on our Mobile team will be more than happy to assist you with this.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here