M

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, September 17th, 2022 2:50 PM

Closed

iPhone 14 activation eSim

Same as other users, expect when I try to transfer my number it says number not eligible for transfer. The "Start Activation" button on my device tab does nothing. iPhone 14 says I need the SM-DP+ address, activation code, and confirmation code if provided. Any ideas?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue, how can they not get this right?

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

2 years ago

Also same issue here

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Have to wait, eventually emails start to flow, takes time for phone delivery confirmation to get back to xfinity for the welcome emails for the next steps to go.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

You're doing it wrong.

You cannot replace your phone rising the new phone alone.

1) Sign into your account Xfinity on a PC or MAC.  

2) Navigare to my devices and select the device you want to upgrade.

3) Select "change device."

4) Enter the IMED ID when prompted from your new iPhone (iPhone>settings>general>about>IMEI #1>

5) Confirm the telephone number to be transferred and enter the authentication code sent to your old phone.

6) Done

Visitor

• 

30 Messages

@user_7499d9​ if that doesn’t work and/or you get “something went wrong” error see my answer in the other thread to tell support what you need done.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_7499d9​ This worked on the first try! After hours of frustration with support etc. The key is getting on the PC and signing into xfinity mobile. Doing it on another iPhone doesn’t show these options. Thanks for the help.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

BUYER BEWARE

Xfinity got caught with their pants down... Apple rolled out the eSim and now 80% of Xfinity service calls are trying to figure out how to make it work, backlogging other types of service calls and hindering their Customer Service points... I know I was one of those unfortunate customers that went into an Xfinity store on the 6th of Sept to order a new iPhone 14 Pro Max Purple.. yay.. :-) received my iPhone 14 on the 20th Sep and went back to the store on the 24th to start the process of transferring my phone number to the new iPhone 14 and wanted to keep and take my existing Xfinity Mobile iPhone 11 Pro Max and give it to my sister with a new phone number..... simple right... "WRONG" right from the get-go but too green at the time to notice there was a question on how to do such action with an eSim.... 5 HOURS....!! Later yes sitting there at that store watching them trying to figure out how to go about doing this type action... Nothing.... they sent me home hoping the Network will fix it overnight... next day "NADA"...!! the iPhone 14 went into SOS mode hence I spent the following week and at least 14 hours on the phone with Xfinity Tier 2/3 C/S trying to get this done ... nothing....! all I have to show for it was an $1100 Brick... so I was at my Limit this morning Oct 1st went back to the Xfinity Store to return my iPhone 14 Pro-Max because they do not know how to activate it... but I had to sit there for other 2.5 hours just to get my old phone number back to my iPhone 11 Pro Max and had to give back my iPhone 14 Pro max with NO other possibility of solving the issue... So,  I asked well I guess I cannot buy and iPhone 14 from XFINITY because you couldn't figured out to do such an action... maybe Xfinity should just stick to Cable TV and let the Mobile Phone Companies do what they do best... So I have no choice but to go VERIZON WIRELESS or another company.. and once I tell them this story they problem say "Oh Again"... ha.. I challenge any Xfinity Employee on this post to say otherwise ... remember it all about the Sale. So yes I can say "Buyer Beware".

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here