D

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, September 23rd, 2023 7:24 PM

Closed

iPhone 13 locked can't use eSIM card

Just wanted to vent. I was told by Xfinity and by Airalo that because my phone is locked, I can't download an eSIM card. I know other people who have eSIM cards but either their phones must be unlocked or different carriers. Anyway, last year in Europe, Xfinity charged me $10 per day for their global plan. Just outrageous to come home and have $150 tacked on to my phone bill. Some days I might have used the phone for 5 minutes. And this is not for talking, just looking up stuff on the internet while I'm out and about. My phone is not paid for yet so no chance of unlocking. I'm so put off by this!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

1 year ago

Hello, @doro4444. Thanks for reaching out to us over our Community Forums. Have you reached out to the Xfinity Mobile Team directly for more details into the charges? Unfortunately, we are a bit limited when it comes to assisting our Xfinity Mobile customers over our Community Forums due to security, and authentication requirements. You can contact our Xfinity Mobile support center via any of the following methods:
• SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Direct Chat: https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityMartyR​ I spoke to a rep at Xfinity mobile on the phone and they said I could not use an eSIM card. But that fact that the company I want to purchase it from has also confirmed, then I believe it to be true. As to the GLOBAL charges, it's posted online, $10 per day. Thanks for replying.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here