scott01ss's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, July 29th, 2024 4:40 PM

international roaming charges - and false information

I recently traveled to Cuba and had inquired about international changes prior to my travel.  I was told that I did not need to do anything If I did not plan to use my phone while over there.  Unbeknownst to us that we were being charged roaming fees.  When we turned the phone on to hook to the in house Wi-Fi, we saw were we had incurred almost $400.00 in roaming fees.  Needless to say, these were not from calls we made to other people or back to the states.  I tried calling Xfinify while in Cuba and reach a person (twice) who did not speak any English.  I did reach an English speaking person who informed me that there was nothing that could be done on their end, but once I return to the states, to call Xfinity and they can remove the charges.  I was also told that my record would be updated to include the conversation.  I returned to the states, called Xfinity to resolve the issue and the nightmare began.  The 1st person said she could not reimburse the entire amount, but could credit me $100.00.  She advised that I call the Customer Support (CS) # at 888-936-4968 and they have the authority to remove all of the charges.  Prior to calling customer support, I visited local Xfinity store and explained what happened, they could not reverse the charges, but referred me CS and said they will remove the amount. 

When I called CS and they were rude, disrespectful, offered poor customer services, and made me feel like I was lying.  They claimed there was nothing recorded in my records of any past conversations I had with Xfinity and rudely said that I was trying to cheat the company of our money.  Taking into consideration,  I pay more for mobile and cable than I do any other bill in house outside of my mortgage.    How can I be a valued customer and be treated like [Edited: "Language"]....  They even refused to honor the 100.00 that had been previously offered.  

After reading the forum, I see I'm not the only one who has experienced this.  Had I known that I would have to pay this amount of money, and not have use my of my phone, I would have done things a little differently. Please advise what can be done to help in this situation.   

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 month ago

@scott01ss

I do apologize for any confusion or miss information given,  the benefit of the Xfinity global pass https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/global-travel-pass is so you can make or receive a call, send a text message, or use data while in a covered country for only $10.00 month.

Did you make sure on your mobile device under settings/cellular that you turned off the Cellular data and or turned the roaming options off to make sure your device does not connect to a cellular network while your using your mobile device?  

If you leave that option on of your and device does not stay connected to the Wi-Fi network it will automatically connect to your cellular data so if your doing something on your device that requires internet access without the global pass you would incur the roaming charges.

I would like to fill out a ticket to our Xfinity Mobile Escalations team to see if there is any possible more credits that could be issued.  To get started please send me a DM

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address

a

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here