A

Sunday, September 22nd, 2024 11:15 PM

Incorrect Billing due to removal of Promotional Discount

Date: 09/22/2024

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter formally outlines a complaint regarding ongoing billing errors and the unjustified removal of a promotional discount on my Xfinity account.

Summary of the Issue:

- In March 2024, I initiated Xfinity internet service and was offered a promotional discount on my internet bill, valid until March 2026, contingent upon also switching my mobile service from T-Mobile to Xfinity Mobile. This discount was clearly stated on my initial internet bills.

- However, my Xfinity Mobile account was incorrectly billed for an unauthorized "test" line from the outset. Despite assurances from the Xfinity store and multiple support tickets, this line remained on my account for several months, incurring unwarranted charges.

- When I contacted customer service to rectify the "test" line issue, they made unauthorized changes to my account, resulting in the removal of my promotional internet discount without my knowledge or consent. This has more than doubled my internet bill.

Supporting Evidence:

1. Internet bills clearly state the promotional discount and its validity period (March 2024 - March 2026).
  2. Copies of mobile bills showing the unauthorized "test" line and associated charges.
  3. Text message and screenshot evidence of communication with Xfinity customer service acknowledging the billing error.
  4. Documentation of numerous store visits and support tickets filed regarding the "test" line and subsequent billing issues.

Impact of the Issue:

Due to Xfinity's errors, I have been overcharged approximately $210 over the past six months ($35 per month) and face continued overcharges until this issue is resolved. This constitutes a breach of the initial agreement for the promotional discount.

Desired Resolution:

I request immediate action to rectify the following:

1. Reinstate the promotional internet discount as originally promised, valid until March 2026.
  2. Issue a full refund for the overcharges incurred due to the incorrect billing, totaling $210 to date.
  3. Ensure the accuracy of my future bills and prevent any recurrence of these errors.

Failure to resolve this issue promptly and satisfactorily will leave me with no option but to consider further action, including filing a formal complaint with California's Attorney General's office and/or the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).

I look forward to your prompt attention to this matter and a swift resolution.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

13 days ago

Good evening and thank you for reaching out to our dedicated Communities team, we appreciate your time and for providing a detailed background description of your concerns. We are sorry to hear about the frustrating experience and assure you that you've reached the right team to help turn this situation around. We'd be happy to look further into your bill and account issues. This will require us to collect a few pieces of sensitive information to locate and verify the account. To get started, can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account?

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

We look forward to working with you further. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here