nwanjny's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, July 3rd, 2023 2:28 PM

Closed

IMEI Puzzlement

According to the Xfinity website, the IMEI on the phone I purchased online is not compatible; I purchased it ten days ago. I am using the SIM card from my old phone. The new phone is an unlocked, Motorola Edge Plus (2022). It is brand new.

However, the phone is, in fact, working perfectly with all Xfinity connections (5g, LTE, Hotspots) online and fully functional. It connects to my home network, etc. All calls, email, SMS and the like are fully functional. Matter-of-fact - - it is giving me better reception than the compatible phone it replaced.

Do I simply "count my blessings" and move forward or is there cause for future concerns? The phone also does all updates for system and apps.

Kindly advise.

Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 year ago

@nwanjny 

Great question, with the IME showing you is not compatible , I recommend you reach out to one of xfinity mobile experts to see if there would be any issues or concerns, please reach out to  our awesome  mobile colleagues via :

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityOrlandoM

@XfinityOrlandoM​ Thanks for your timely and salient reply, Orlando! I spoke with one of your colleagues who truly "knows her stuff"!

She was candid telling me that the IMEI database Xfinity provides for customers to check phone IMEIs is not always complete. In fact, the Motorola Edge Plus (2022) is advertised online (Amazon, et. al) as being compatible with Xfinity Mobile.

Thanks again, sir!!!

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

@nwanjny, I'm delighted to hear you received the help you needed. Thanks for this feedback as well, we appreciate it. Please be sure to create a New Public post for any future assistance. We value you being the best part of Xfinity! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here