U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, June 22nd, 2023 2:43 PM

Closed

IMEI doesn't match phone

Hoping to get an answer through the forum about an issue I'm having since no one has been able to give me a straight answer.

Currently have a Samsung Note 20 5G that I'm trying to trade in. Going through the process of trading in the phone on the Xfinity mobile website and when I get to the point of entering the IMEI for the phones it indicates that the IMEI doesn't match the phone. 

Has anyone run into this issue before? If so, how'd you fix it or how did it get fixed? 

I've contacted Samsung and they told me the IMEI is clean and verified. I've checked other websites to make sure the IMEI is clean. It matches the phone-since it's literally the IMEI the phone lists and what is shown on our account. 

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I've got the same issue trading in the same device, Samsung Note 20 5G. When I enter IMEI I get "The IMEI you entered isn’t eligible for a trade-in offer"

1 Message

@user_07252e​ did you have any luck I am having the exact same issue.

Official Employee

• 

863 Messages

@user_23c739 For further assistance, we would suggest contacting our Mobile experts via one of the following methods:

• SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Chat:  https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

1 year ago

If you have an eSIM on your device you will have two IMEIs, one for the SIM and one for the eSIM. Try entering the other IMEI and maybe that will work? Worth a try. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@DaveO3​ thanks for the suggestion but it didn't work unfortunately. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 year ago

Hey there, @user_307a70! Thanks for reaching out with your Xfinity Mobile concern. Did the suggestion given by @DaveO3 help? One other thing I thought of was device eligibility. When I personally switched from another carrier to Xfinity Mobile in March, I visited an Xfinity Store in person, and found out my Note 20 was ineligible for trade-in. Would love to know if you've found out more details since creating this post. Let us know!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinitySara​ Unfortunately @DaveO3 suggestion did not work. This Note 20 was purchased unlocked 2 years ago and was never with a previous carrier when we switched to Xfinity mobile. 

Here's a picture of the problem we were running into. Still have yet to have anyone explain the reason.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thanks for sharing more details, @user_307a70. Since Xfinity Mobile support is limited for our Digital Care Team via social media, we ask that you reach directly out (by call or text) to our Xfinity Mobile Sales and Service team at 1-888-936-4968 for further assistance with your mobile device. You may also use our Secure Online Chat where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7! Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns regarding your residential service(s) by creating a new public post (when necessary), and we'll be here to assist you however we can!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I think I found the reason. There are two versions of Samsung Note 20 5G: SM-N981U and SM-N981U1. Both versions are practically identical, there is a slight difference in supported wireless bands, and both work with no issues on Xfinity mobile network. Looks like only one of them, SM-N981U, is eligible for trade-in offer. If that isn't intentional, Official Xfinity Employee, could you fix the eligibility criteria and include SM-N981U1?

Official Employee

• 

137 Messages

I'm glad to hear you were able to figure out the cause of this issue. As mentioned above, I definitely recommend contacting our mobile team for further assistance. This will be the quickest way to get this resolved. 

1 Message

1 year ago

I have the exact same issue on the Samsung Note 20 5G and have spent hours on the phone, 2 hours in the store, another hour on the phone and now I'm waiting on back end support.  No one can tell me why the trade in won't go through and the phone/online says go to the store and the store says to go home and try again later (and they all agree it's an Xfinity system issue).  So frustrating and time consuming for what seems like a simple issue.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here