U

Wednesday, July 10th, 2024 2:57 PM

I'm being charged for Data I'm not using!!

Last month I was charged $400 for data overage, when in fact my data usage wasn't over my limit.  I contacted support and they said there was nothing they could do and I needed to pay the bill.  The only thing they were willing to do, since I was a 'Gold Member' was split up my payments.

Well the same thing is happening this month.  I just got an email that said one line has used over 20GB of data.  WhenI click the link in the email to see which line, I see a message at the top of my scree that says 'Reduced speeds ahead.  One or more lines has used more than 20 GB of data this month. Speeds for those lines will be reduced until Jul 28, but they can still download, stream, and share'.  But when you look at my usage of my 4 lines, NONE of the lines are over any limit.  The total data use is less than 4GB.   And when you look at by bill this month it isn't even calculated correctly.  I've been on 4 phone calls, each at least an hour, and no one has fixed the issue.  My next option is leaving Xfinity mobile because it's going to keep charging me for data overages that aren't actually happening.  Anyone else had this problem?  PLEASE HELP!!

5 Messages

2 months ago

Anyone have the same issue?  Can anyone help me?

Official Employee

• 

700 Messages

Good Morning, user_ugogpl! Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Xfinity Forums. I am sorry to hear about the troubles regarding the Data usage. We would be happy to fully investigate the concerns with you. Can you please send us a DM to get started?

Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

Well... I did everything you suggested and no one can help me.  Your message support team couldn't even help with billing.  So now I'm stuck paying overage.  I don't understand how you can't get to the bottom of what's happening with my line.  I will be canceling my service with Xfinity.

5 Messages

I went into a 3rd party Xfinity store like the person I talked to on the phone suggested... still couldn't help me.  They weren't a corporate store so they couldn't do anything.  Guess I'll be switching providers.

5 Messages

Everyone keeps acting like they can help you... but the reality is you can never talk to someone who can actually do anything.  The customer service is TERRIBLE.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here