U

Thursday, May 2nd, 2024 12:18 PM

Im being charged for a phone they sent me that I never ordered or never activated.

I called to upgrade my internet speed. The rep told me I get a free phone line with it also. I told her I didn't want or need a phone. She said it comes free with the internet unlimited 1000 plan. I told her her i still do not need or want it. She said ok. I got a phone in the mail a week later. I never activated it or used it. I called and they said they will get it fixed and send me a return label. Few days later I got $30 taken out of my account for a phone bill. It was a separate account and separate billing from my internet plan. I called again and after 2 hours they assured me they would cancel the phone and send me a return label. That was 2 or 3 weeks ago. Today I got charged $30 again. I'm looking for another internet provider in my area. I'm guessing xfinity will try to keep billing me because I have the phone and I cant send it back because they will not send the label or give me the address to pay for postage myself. I had to get my credit card changed so they don't auto bill me again. This is the worst customer service I have ever gotten from any company. 

Contributor

• 

156 Messages

18 days ago

Use this link https://www.xfinity.com/nod/form to submit a formal complaint to Xfinity and then submit a claim to the FCC and the BBB (although the former is what gets things done). All phone calls are recorded by them so if you said you didn't want the phone, ask the FCC to request those taped calls. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

959 Messages

16 days ago

user_wqm1fi Good morning! We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to our Community Forums Team to share your experience, and bring this to our attention. I can see how this would be a frustrating scenario, and want to assist you in getting in the right direction for a resolution. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform, I do want to be sure we get you the support you need. You mentioned calling, have you tried using the chat or text options? 

text 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

6 Messages

@XfinityKassie​  I have called 6 times. Not calling again. Last call they said take to FedEx and he put something in the computer that when they scan it, they can send it back to Xfinity. Well, they scanned it and no such thing. I had to pay $14 myself to ship it back and have tracking number. When you get the phone, I don't want to hear anything else about it. They are supposed to refund the payments they took automatically out of my account, and I had to cancel my card and get a new one so that doesn't happen again. I will also fill out the dispute form. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you so much for letting us know you have tried calling them 6 times. Have you tried chatting with them? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

7 days ago

The phone has been sent back and received by you. If they try to bill me again I'm canceling my Internet service as well.  Fedex tracking [Edited: "Personal Information"]

(edited)

6 Messages

5 days ago

Still not resolved. I sent phone back and it was received. I was told I should get t refund for money they took out of my account within a few days. I'm not holding my breath.

Official Employee

• 

515 Messages

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us with an update, user_wqm1fi! We can certainly dive into everything with you regarding the account. Can you please send us a DM to get started? 
Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

2 hours ago

Got an email last week that I would be credited $80. Still hasn't happened. I'm cancelling my Internet and cable Friday. I will never use Xfinity again. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here