njweb's profile

Contributor

• 

61 Messages

Friday, July 14th, 2023 5:21 PM

Closed

If I remove TV portion of my Xfinity service but keep my Xfinity internet (Gigabit Plus) service, I would qualify to keep Xfinity Mobile?

Just to double check:

If I remove the TV portion of my Xfinity service, but keep my Xfinity internet (Gigabit Plus) service, I assume I would still qualify to keep my Xfinity Mobile 5G 20GB monthly service, correct?

I say so because I saw a page on the Xfinity site which says that Xfinity Mobile requires post paid Xfinity internet service, so I assume I can remove the TV portion of my service, but just wanted to double check.

Thanks!

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

1 year ago

You are correct, you can drop TV -  See the following current disclaimer as of today:

Disclaimer

Restrictions apply. Not available in all areas.  Xfinity Mobile requires residential post-pay Xfinity Internet. Line limitations may apply. Equip., intl. and roaming charges, taxes and fees, including reg. recovery fees, and other charges extra, and subj. to change. $ 25/line/mo. charge applies if Xfinity TV, Internet or Voice post-pay services not maintained. Pricing subject to change. In times of congestion, your data may be temporarily slower than other traffic. Reduced speeds after use of monthly data included with your data option. Data thresholds may vary. For Xfinity Mobile Broadband Disclosures visit: www.xfinity.com/mobile/policies/broadband-disclosures.

Contributor

• 

61 Messages

@DaveO3​ 

Thanks for the confirmation.

My ONLY concern is as follows:

The Gigabit Plus internet, which would become a stand-alone service, shows (for my address) $80/month for 2 years with no contract or $80/month for 3 years with a 1 year contract.
But the main factor, in making a decision of whether to drop Xfinity TV and keep only internet, is how much will the monthly rate for Gigabit Plus service (when not bundled with TV as part of a Double Play) go up after the 2 or 3 years above are up?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

@njweb I can review your account to look into the rate increase of Gig Plus after the 2 or 3 years are up. Please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a direct message: 

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon 
  2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)
  4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here