U

Friday, May 24th, 2024 8:36 PM

Closed

I Need A Revised Offer Letter for a Trade In

[Edited: "Personal Information"], [Edited: "Personal Information"], [Edited: "Personal Information"]...

In April, I purchased a S24Ultra through the Xfinity Mobile 24 month payment plan based on being issued $830 credit for the trade in of my S22Ultra.  The day I ordered it, my S22Ulta died.  I called Assurant and had a new phone the next day. 

I called XF and Assurant multiple times because both the new and broken S22's had to be mailed in.  The original offer letter has the IMEI of the broken S22 which was mailed to Assurant in the packaging they provided with the replacement phone.  (Note:  Assurant is in possession of the phone from the trade in letter). 

The replacement S22Ultra was sent to Assurant who administers the trade-in program from XF with detailed notes physically taped to the phone explaining why the IMEI number is different from the offer letter.  This is what both XF and Assurant suggested I do since "There is no way to change the IMEI number on an offer letter once the offer is accepted." 

Each company was told the exact details numerous times and requests were made to note the file with both companies because, I was concerned it might become an issue. 

A month later, Assurant has blocked me from being able to talk to anyone on the phone.  No matter which option I choose, the phone system hangs up on me.  I've gone through it trying every possible option and combination.  So, I tried chatting with Assurant as well and got through several times to an agent; however, every time they could not help me because the system was updating and it would be an hour or two, but they did give me the number to call (the same one that has no information or live agents, just hangs up) or try chat again later. 

I called Xfinity mobile care to try and figure out what was going on because its been almost 3 weeks and  my bill has jumped $80/month and both phones maled to Assurant are nowhere to be found. 

My first ECM ticket, Yes, let's escalate!  Finally, someone listened to me and took action!  Soon, I find out "escolate" translates, to, Customer, tell me every single detail of your problem and I'll give you a ticket!  1, 2, 3, 4 tickets later, within 24 hours each and every ECM ticket was resolved with no further action necessary.

Resolution is commonly used when an answer is agreed to by the parties involved; however, with an XF ECM resolution the Gods in the Back Office decided my fate.  Resolution is unilateral by the Back Office and there are no details, no mailing label., no revised offer letter, no call to the customer, nothing except the exciting news its been resolved sent to me on an email address completely unrelated to the one on the phone line or the ECM tickets. 

So, here go more hours of my life sitting on hold waiting for someone with mobile care to tell me more lies, the letters been emailed (at least 6 times), everyone leaves all these notes in the system so I won't have to repeat myself, yet not one can see them when  I call. After I manage to get past the AI to a person, they have to get the entire story, yet again, despite my requests to be put in touch with Mobile Care or Tier 2 support, 30-45 minutes later, they have to transfer me there because they cannot see something or only mobile care can handle that and I am on hold, again. 

Someone answers after 20-45 minutes of repeatedly hearing about apples SOS mode and configuring my esim-I dont have an apple and I don't care-but I can tell you how to fix it!  Hearing that message thousands of times the past few weeks waiting for hours and hours to either be told more misinformation, or mysteriously the call disconnects after holding at about the two hour mark. 

Today, someone in mobile care manually requested the revised offer letter with the correct IMEI number and I am to wait until June 5 for resolution.  Time is of the Essence here,  I HAD to mail in the phones with the wrong IMEI's weeks ago or be charged by assurant which has caused all this mess.  I didn't get to tell anyone, sit tight, lets get it right beforehand

On or before April 5, 2024, assurant received the New S22 ultra that was activated on my account less than 24 hours (total time the phone was ever turned on) which they sent me to replace the Original S22Ultra that broke and is on the Original offer Letter.  Assurant had an IMEI mismatch and stuck The New S22 Ultra on a shelf for at least 15 days and would not even confirm receipt of the phone, that there was an issue,. nothing-they locked my file so no one could tell me anything.

The Original offer expired on May 15th. (Note: I had the phone to them at least 10 days before)

On May 20th, Assurant FedEx overnights the phone to me out of the blue.  Included was notice that if I send back the phone without an open offer letter, they keep it and I get no credit or anything whatsoever and I have no recourse.

So, the tickets, all resolved, means the Back Office has washed their hands of me, but I am just wait because Assurant is going to issue the revised letter (which was an agreement between XF and I that Assurant had nothing to do with, except handle the physical product, the contract is between XF and I.  Why is Assurant now going to revise the contract they are not a party to?}

And I need to quit calling.  Forget the fake empathy previous agents employed trying to help me.  I am basically dead to XF at this point.  So, this is my last option.  The Forums.  I sure hope someone out there can make some sense of this and help me.  I've been with Comcast for 25 years and there have been bumps in the road, but never has it been this bad. 

As of today. I have the New S22Ulta in my possession, a trade in offer with the wrong IMEI that has expired, $80 more than I bargained for on my monthly bill, and no one at XF or Assuant left to call.  I'm stuck and at the end of my rope.

Can anyone  get me a revised offer letter for the trade in of my s22Ultra with the correct IMEI and the offer be in "open" status long enough for me to get it to assurant to get the $830 credit on my S24Ultra billing ? 

You are my only hope, please help me Forum People!

Thanks so much!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 months ago

Hello @user_ygzlw4, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concerns, and I'd like the opportunity to check into this for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

6 Messages

Hi Krista!  I sent the info requested for account access a minute ago in a DM!

6 Messages

3 months ago

Update:  I was requested to DM Xfinity Support today, which got me all excited.

Unfortunately, the people monitoring questions in Forum are the same ones that are the frontline XF representatives I've talked to dozens of times this past month.  They do not handle XF Mobile issues, those are handled by Mobile Care, and I can call or text them!  What a freaking disappointment. 

The problem is, Mobile Care told me to stop calling, that I would have an answer by June 5 to the three tickets I have for the same issue that the Back Office has deemed Resolved, with no further action necessary.  (How many "resolved" tickets do you beleive XF is busily working on in the Back Office?  Zero, none, ziltch!) 

So, the solution is for me to call for the 40-somethingth time and tell my story, over and over, to the same people I've been calling daily for a month.  Or, they can call me!  I sent my email address and phone number and have no hope anything will ever actually be resolved because they have told me time and again, they cannot help me, but, they can message the Back Office (who have no phones and can only be reached by in office messages ). 

The agent will be able to request a status update on my three tickets...  I'm not psychic, but I have a premonition:  They are all three Resolved, with no further action necessary!  By then it will be 2  more hours of my life wasted, I'll be no better off than I am right now.  

After looking at more XF mobile tickets I see a lot of DM;s to XF Support, which won't work for me.   Then I found one that said, Resolved by Senior Management.  How do I get in touch with Senior Management?  Hello, Forum, Can Senior Management with XF Mobile DM me, please?  I have an issue only you or God, himself, can solve!  Thanks!

6 Messages

3 months ago

Update - No one ever called from the Forum or XF  Mobile.  I did receive a call from corporate who explained that there are no revised offer letters generated and the only solution mobile care could offer would be to return my phone  and then order a new one with a new offer letter.  Corporate knew that would be virtually impossible to do and had another option to settle the matter which worked well for me and I accepted.

Corporate became involved due to my completing the customer satisfaction survey after my calls to XF Mobile, rating them with a "0" and the entire post from the forum pasted into the "why" section.

Official Employee

• 

860 Messages

@user_ygzlw4 I am glad to hear that corporate was able to help out! I know this wasn't stated very well in our conversation, but the Xfinity Forums team has a close relationship with the Xfinity Mobile Executive Relations team. They have some extra muscle to flex when it comes to difficult issues. Your ticket with them is listed as resolved. Thank you so much for your patience and thank you for the update!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here