Judella's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, December 15th, 2023 1:51 PM

Closed

I give up

I’ve received the worst customer service from Xfinity, by far, than any company in my life.  I had already moved 2 of my 4 family’s mobile lines from Verizon to them and I was ready to move my two teenage children’s.  I also wanted to upgrade my son’s phone.  Sounds simple, right? Nope. Xfinity has made this the most difficult task ever with repeated lies with still no resolution.  

First, I was told I could transfer the lines first and then upgrade the phone and still receive the trade in credit for a new phone.  In fact, I was told it would be better to wait because they always have better Christmas promotions.  That was a lie.  Still, I believed what I was told so said to begin porting the 2 lines over.  The representative gave me instructions to get a code from Verizon and then she would call me back.  I verified the call back time several times to ensure I completed my task with Verizon.  She seemed to have a hard time understanding time zones, so to no surprise she called me 2 hours earlier than promised, so I hadn’t completed my call to Verizon.  I said to please call at the time we set, she said she would, and I never heard back. Another lie.  I call back with the port over code and I’m then told my son’s phone would need a new physical SIM card, and it would be faster to go to an Xfinity store to get one and then I’d get a call back.  Again, no call back as promised so I wait on hold again for a ridiculous amount of time.  I’m then told that there’s “latency in the system and to call back early the morning” to activate my son’s phone.  I work early, so got up at 6am to complete this.  I call and I’m again told there’s still latency and I’d get a call back once the line could be transferred later that evening.  Surprisingly, I did get a call that night.  Upon answering the phone, the same rep I spoke to in the morning starts the call by asking how many Apple Watches I want to buy. I had to laugh at this point, and she insisted, because she sees it in her notes, that this callback was to satisfy my desire to buy Apple Watches for Christmas.  I explained again that I simply wanted to transfer my son’s line, and she promised she’d call back to assist.  Another lie.  She said that’s not her department, so she’d have to transfer me.  She called me, but whatever, I agree and wait on hold again.  I explain my simple situation to the next rep. He puts me on hold and never comes back.  After over 30 minutes of waiting I give up, hang up and drive to the Xfinity store. I explain the entire situation and they tell me they get complaints like this about the phone support daily.  They were able to port my son’s phone over within minutes, and they said all it looks like all they did on the phone service side was ship a SIM card to me.  Of course, this is after I was instructed to go pick up the card myself.  In fact, I did receive the unnecessary card a few days later, again proving Xfinity’s incompetence.  

I then told the store rep that I was ready to complete the trade in for a new phone and receive my promised $550 promotional credit unless I should wait, as instructed by the phone rep, for the “better Christmas sale forthcoming” He really tried to help, but said he couldn’t because the new phone had to be purchased at the same time as the line transfer. In disbelief I explained I asked that exact question to the phone rep and was directly told it doesn’t matter, and again reminded him I was told it was “better to wait” because they’d have better sales for Christmas.  In any case, I JUST transferred the line minutes before standing in front of him, so why should it even matter?  I’m told that because of the way the phone rep entered the order, I could no longer get the credit.  He agreed this wasn’t fair to me, and entered a case on my behalf.  I get a text with a case number, and I’m told I’d be contacted within 48 hours.  I get a text two days later saying my case is still being reviewed.  Two more days later I get a text saying my case has been canceled, with no further explanation or instructions on what to do next.  Again, I call and wait on hold forever.  I explain everything that has happened and all the lies I’ve been told.  I’m told my case was canceled because it was entered as a business account and I don’t have a business account.  Again, I had to laugh as I never said I did, and I’m just trying to get this issue resolved.  She admitted that it must have been entered incorrectly on their side.  So, again another incompetent mistake, and Xfinity’s solution was to simply cancel my case with no plans to contact me.  This rep actually sounded sympathetic and said she’d be upset too.  She said she was determined to help me, and I waited on hold for over an hour, with regular check in’s by her, until she finally comes back with a “resolution”.  She says she’s done me a “big favor” and escalated this to a manager who will call me back within 2 days.  She said she found the person in the notes who gave me the misinformation, and has his badge number. I explained to her that I’ve spoken to many reps, but the person who told me I could still get the promotion after the line transfer was definitely a woman.  I explained I wanted to make sure she was noting the correct person who told me this.  She actually argued with me saying it was a man. Again I had to laugh, and told her I had the conversation, not her and I would know better who I spoke to.  I had no confidence she noted the correct rep, but she gave me their badge number and promised a manager call within two days. I told her I’ve heard this type of promise before just to be lied to.  She emphasized, apologized for the past poor service, and insisted I’d get this call.  Nope, another lie.  On day three, yesterday, I initiated a chat on the Xfinity app asking about the status of the manager call I was promised.  This rep says there is no record of any such call and asked if I could start over and explain my issue.  Nope, I’ve had enough at this point.  

As no one at Xfinity seems to care that I’ve been repeatedly lied to, I’m forced to come here.  Hopefully this warns others to avoid switching to them and avoid a similar experience.  Xfinity, any chance you’ll finally do the right thing and give me the promotion promised to me?  Or, are you going to stick to your guns and say no because I tried to buy the phone seconds after the transfer that you couldn’t even help me with?  None of this story is embellished, and in fact, I’ve left out some of the other lies and hang ups with their phone reps as this review is already so lengthy.  

Saddest part of all this is all my son wants for Christmas is a new phone, and Xfinity is doing everything they can to ensure his wish doesn’t come true.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

9 months ago

Greetings, @Judella!  I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having so many issues with these transfers, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the “Direct Message” icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon, then type or select "Xfinity Support". Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window and press Enter to send your message and initiate a live session.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here