U

Thursday, July 27th, 2023 5:15 AM

Closed

I am getting the run around trying to get my cellphone service restored.Please Help!!!

My issue started two weeks ago, all of a sudden my cellphone service stopped working it would come in and out, and most of the time the icon on top would be a circle with a line across it. I called  Xfinity, they had me reset my network settings and then restart the phone which worked but worked for about 20 minutes then I had to call back on another phone letting them know that it happened again. The guy recommended that I go to an Xfinity store and replace my sim card so I go and do that and it works. I get to my car and drive off and once again my service is gone. I call Xfinity again and tell them what happened so they transfer me to the Advanced Care Team they have me reset my network settings and restart my phone I tell them I have already done this and the guy says he will open a ticket with Verizon so a technician can check my network. He said it will take a few days which happened on a Friday. I call back on Monday afternoon and they still don't have an update. So I call back the next day and I ask for the advanced care team and they say they are doing things on their end and I am just on the phone waiting they ask questions about the phone the IMEI number and the Sim card number and I tell him whatever you guys do it only works for about 20min and then my phone loses network. So after almost two hours on the phone, nothing really gets accomplished. I call back again the next day they said that Verizon technician doesn't see anything wrong on their end and neither does Xfinity so they recommend that I open a claim with Assurant to get a new phone it takes a few days and I get the phone I take my sim card out of the old phone and put it in the new one and it works for about 10min I call them again the guy gets my cellphone info again and they determine that the phone that was sent to me by Assurant had been reported stolen the guy on the phone said give him a couple of days to resolve this mess. I hang up and an hour later I get an email from Xfinity saying my line has been canceled and to call them immediately if I did not cancel my line. It was already too late to call so I called the next morning and they reactivated my line but it would 24 hours for it to take effect. My got reactivated today and I still have no service on my phone I was on the phone with Xfinity again this afternoon they said that the reason it wasn't working was because I was using my old sim card and to use the one that came in the box. So I give him the number on the new sim card and he said he wasn't able to activate it and would have the Advanced Care team take a look at it since they have the tools to help and he doesn't. So they make the change on the network and he said would call me later tonight so I eat dinner and watch some tv he said he would call me about an hour and a half later, he doesn't and I call back with the ticket number he gave me and the lady said that the Advanced Care Team is still processing it and that she couldn't anything since they have the tools to do it. So she says to call back tomorrow since they are closed and can't transfer me to them. I am just done with this. I am about to cancel my mobile service because this is ridiculous. I have had service with you guys for a long time, I have never had issues with your Internet service but your mobile service is bad. I hope someone can help otherwise I will just take my business elsewhere.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

1 year ago

I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Please reach out to our Xfinity Mobile team with the options below. 

Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
Chat: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Did you ever get this whole mess figured out? I have the same thing happening, well, at least the first part of your story. Suddenly my phone is showing the circle with the line through it. It's been happening sporadically for three days and sometimes last 5+ hours at a time until i can get it working again. Xfinity customer support told me to reset my network settings. This was not a permanent solution, I found that out quickly. So i reached back out, they said they are sending me a new SIM card, but it sounds like that only made your situation worse. 
If Xfinity's only suggestion is to reach out to Xfinity, why? So they can tell me to update my network settings again?

If I hadn't just had to purchase a new phone 2 months ago I would leave. Like immediately. I can't have a phone that just stops working without notice. 

(edited)

2 Messages

Yes, I got it resolved. They ended up telling me to take it to the Xfinity Store where they just gave me a new phone out of the box and everything was good from then on. I also received credit on my bill so for the last 2 bills I practically paid nothing. They could have easily resolved this but kept dragging it on. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here