U

Sunday, April 28th, 2024 11:00 AM

huge extra San Francisco charge on my Xfinity Mobile bill

Why do I have a $6.10 San Francisco Access Line Tax on my bill?  I live in the East Bay and never go to San Francisco.

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

20 days ago

Hey, user_47fiw1! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! I apologize to hear that you may have an incorrect tax on your mobile bill. I want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account-specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

20 days ago

Why do I have a $6.10 San Francisco Access Line Tax on my bill?  I live in the East Bay and never go to San Francisco.

Does https://sftreasurer.org/business/taxes-fees/access-line-tax-alt-telephone-users-tax-tut-utility-users-tax-uut help?

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

3 Messages

@BruceW​ That reference says: "The Access Line Tax (ALT) is imposed on persons subscribing to telephone communications services within the City and County of San Francisco, and applies to each “access line” within the City’s tax jurisdiction, subject to certain exceptions."  I am not within the tax jurisdiction of the City or County of San Francisco, I am in the East Bay.  I want to know by what statutory authority Comcast can pass this charge (assuming they were even charged it in the first place) on to people outside the SF tax jurisdiction area. If people call  from New York into San Francisco, can San Francisco tax them?? That makes no sense. So where do they draw the line, and by what authority?

Problem Solver

• 

374 Messages

@user_47fiw1 I was intrigued by this post. I live in the Bay Area. What is the area code of your cell number? Perhaps that is why? Just a thought...

3 Messages

All of my phones are 510 prefix (East Bay) - and have been for 30 years.

1 Message

Same issue with me. Looks like I was being charged this for last 4-5 months. 

1 Message

3 days ago

Same issue with me. Have been made to reach out to customer service every month to reverse the charge and they promise that they will permanently fix the issue, however new month bill keeps showing "San Francisco Access Line Tax" amount. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @user_m1g7db Thank you for reaching out for help with Xfinity Mobile service, via our Xfinity Forums. Have you reached out our exceptional team of Mobile experts? You can contact our Xfinity Mobile support center via any of the following methods:

Have they provided you with any ticket or case numbers(do not post publicly) regarding this tax issue?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here