B

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, January 28th, 2022 1:43 AM

Closed

How to use eSim as second number from GSM(T-Mobile or AT&T ) in Xfinity iPhone device

Hi,

I'm using Xfinity locked iPhone 13 Pro max with Nano SIM. I would like to use eSim as second number from different carrier(GSM - T-mobile or AT&T). Please tell me whether its eligible to use and procedure to activate.

TIA

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

84 Messages

3 years ago

Your Xfinity iPhone 13 Pro Max has to be unlocked for you to be able to use the eSIM from another provider.  

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

3 years ago

Here is a link to test T-Mobile eSIM and coverage for free if you have unlocked your iPhone:

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/coverage/test-drive-eSIM-app

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

3 years ago

@Bitse

Hi there, thank you for reaching out about your Mobile Service. You may reach our super smart Xfinity Mobile team directly for the best assistance using any of the below methods.

SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968

Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968

Chat: https://comca.st/3rd19bx

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Why the restriction of being unlocked?

I have a contract to pay off the phone with XM, so why not allow another carrier to provide an eSIM and allow customers to have two lines on the same device?

Thanks,

Duane

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

2 years ago

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/eligible-to-unlock-phone

Just call XM to unlock your eSIM (and SIM) if eligible. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I went as far as BBB with this issue that makes no sense. Xfinity wouldn't budge on this and never unlocked my iPhone. Their justification is that the iPhone has to be paid off before I can use the eSIM on a second line. I asked why they sell a phone capable of using two lines with one of them disabled and I got a hilarious reply ... "you can still use the phone with a 2nd Xfinity line".

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

2 years ago

Try again. As long as you have had your phone for 60 days they might unlock the eSIM, but be specific that you are going to be traveling internationally and want international data roaming enabled and want to be able to add a data only eSIM from GigSky or Truphone. I recommend sending a text. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Still no luck. Here's a screenshot of the chat with customer service ... fresh off the press.

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

2 years ago

Try again next week if it’s been at least 60 days since you activated the phone. Call them and ask them to enable international data roaming and once the rep says that it’s complete, ask if they can unlock the eSIIM for data for your trip to Europe this fall. They did unlock the eSIM for my brother back in 2019 for his IPhone XR, but he only got a $250 incentive and I don’t remember how long he had to wait to unlock the SIM. Worth a try?

Update: SIM and eSIM cannot be unlocked separately on phones. 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here