U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, June 22nd, 2023 2:44 PM

Closed

How to get a cell phone unlocked

What does it take to get a cell phone unlocked? I was on an xfinity mobile plan and canceled service. The phone was paid off well over 48 hours ago, no outstanding bills, we've had service within 60 days. Called 3 times to have the phone unlocked each time they told me it would be unlocked in 24 hours and an email would be sent for the code. No such email, and was never provided any follow up information or ticket for this. I either want my money back for the phone or to have it unlocked, I'm pretty sure xfinity is legally obligated to unlock the phone at this point. How do you get them to actually unlock the phone?

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

1 year ago

Check out this link:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-unlock-a-phone-on-every-carrier/

If you already cancelled your line or mobile account it’s not likely that XM or other carrier can or will unlock your phone. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@DaveO3​ the line isn't canceled just the service. The line was transferred to a new provider. I actually have two phones I followed the same process for for some reason they only unlocked one and the other I just keep getting the run around on. 

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

@user_d51f23​ It sounds like you ported your phone number (line) and bought a new phone from your new carrier in the process, so the new carrier could have cared less about your old phone being locked?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here