U

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Thursday, December 29th, 2022 10:43 PM

Closed

How to cancel mobile service

Hi,

I am trying to cancel my Xfinity mobile service. Just that, I don't want to transfer a number to a new service, I don't want to unlock a phone. The app/website supplies directions for doing those things but not for canceling the service without doing those things. The directions for transferring a number to a new carrier direct you to the devices tab on the account page, which is the first step towards canceling an account via that route but there is no device associated with my account. That is one of numerous reasons why I want to cancel, which I can't because Xfinity keeps you stuck in this Escher-esque recursive customer service loop that prevents you from canceling the service.

Even better: Here comes the part where you tell me you can't do anything for me here and provide a number for me to call or a chat link to click. I called that number already. I tried chat. They told me they can't cancel the service, I have to do that through the app. Which doesn't let me cancel the service. 

Now what?

Official Employee

• 

553 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @user_768373, thanks for reaching out for help on our forums! We're sorry to hear about this cancelation concern. However, the only way to obtain Xfinity Mobile assistance is by using chat on our Xfinity Mobile website or calling/texting our dedicated support team at 1(888)936-4968.

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@XfinityNico

Hilarious. Absolutely hilarious. Except it's not because it's costing me money. This is everything wrong with Xfinity, right here. Stuck in the loop, forever.

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

Hi,

I am crossposting this from the mobile forum because the customer service process is as much of an issue here as the inability to cancel issue, itself. The question is how to cancel only the mobile service, not internet, as the app, the website, the chat, the phone number and the mobile forum do not include any indication of how to do this for my particular scenario and beyond a certain point it looks like intentional obfuscation with the intention of keeping users locked in a service they don't want.

Thanks

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-mobile/how-to-cancel-mobile-service/63ae180b507b4d3af9e10859

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Cancel *only* mobile service

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

2 years ago

It sounds like you have leftover (no longer associated) line and miscellaneous charges, which could have been for watches or whatever. This happens when people port lines from one carrier to another and don’t separately cancel the associated charges. 

Go into the mobile App, Select Activity, Select Balance so far, Select View Current Cycle, and you should see Data and Services & Devices you are still being billed for. 

You will need to call XM to sort this out. 

Good Luck!

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@DaveO3​ Thank you, Dave. I would do this except all I have ever gotten from the mobile app is the "Sorry about this," message saying it can't retrieve my information and to try again later. It can't be an issue pertaining to having ported a line into Xfinity mobile because after I signed up they weren't able to do that. As in the off shore call center person after fumbling around for 20 minutes literally said, "Sorry, I don't know how to do this." I asked if he could connect me to someone who could and he said, "There is no one here who knows how to do this." So I just took a new phone number because it was the path of least resistance. I knew at that point I made a mistake.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here