U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, July 16th, 2023 6:46 PM

Closed

Horrible Experience with Customer Service

I've been on the phone with Xfinity's outsourced support staff for the past 2 days trying to get my phone activated. My wife's phone was activated in 5 minutes even though hers was a BYOD. I was mailed a brand new iPhone from Xfinity and my activation has not been successful. Worse, is that I followed their process to port out my Verizon number and now that phone no longer works either and so I basically have no phone while traveling.

I heard about Comcast having horrible customer service, but this has been way worse than I expected. All of the people I spoke to seem to be from an outsourced customer service center where everyone is talking loudly over the phones.

Some examples of the people I dealt with:

• One rep talked to me for 45 minutes and then went to get her manager. She put me on hold, then picked up and hung up on me.
  • Another person said I should call the U.S. number and gave me a wrong phone number.
  • One guy scared me and said my number is now lost. He said I would have to go back to Verizon and ask them to restart my service and then try porting again. I did call Verizon and they said everything was fine on their end and they had released my number to Xfinity within minutes of the activation request.
  • One rep told me that the escalation team is not working right now because they are located in Afghanistan and its evening there.
  • I finally got to a "Tier 2" person and after asking her to escalate me, she agreed - only to transfer me back to a Tier 1 person.
  • One rep from the Advanced Support staff told me there were errors in the system but the engineers corrected them and my phone would be active in 1 hour. She lied.
  • I kept getting bounced around this offshore call center and everytime I asked to be escalated or to speak to someone higher up, was just told there was nothing they can do since the only way to contact the Tier 3 team was for them to talk to chat and relay the message to me.

This has gotten so ridiculous that I dread calling them back. This was a horrible decision on my part, to bring my mobile service to Xfinity. I just want my phone working and my number back.

I have filed a complaint with the FCC today.

Frequent Visitor

• 

21 Messages

1 year ago

Do you believe that a complaint with the FCC will have any effect? I would have filed one months ago if I thought it would do any good. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

1 year ago

@user_80eca4, We are limited on what we can do with Xfinity Mobile since we are working over social media. The best thing to do is to reach out to them directly. Here is that contact information:

You can reach them by texting or calling 1 (888) 936-4968. You can also chat with an expert here https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here