U

3 Messages

Thursday, July 27th, 2023 3:13 AM

Closed

Home internet and Xfinity Mobile as bundle discount - [Edited for Guidelines]

I ordered xfinity mobile an xfinity home internet on the same day. They showed me estimated monthly bill with $20 discount for having multiple services. 

When I got back home, I found out that xfinity cable point in my home does not work and I have to call a technician to help setup the cable (which they did after 2 days). 

When I got the bill there was no $20 discount. So I contacted xfinity customer support 
1st month - They said I am not eligible as I activated services on different days. But I explained it wasn't my fault. (1) Xfinity cable was broken (2) their offer did not mention about activation date being different. Offer is simply have 2 services and get discount. So customer support folks said they fixed things and I will get discount from next month. 

2nd month - After talking to them for 5 hours, they gave me $40 bill credit and promised that the issue will be fixed. (for 4 hours they were asking me to add more lines to get discount and take home phone etc) 

3rd month - No discount in bill again, at the time of writing this I already spent 4 hours with customer support. That guy agrees I should get discount but have no idea why I am not getting it. 

1 mistake I did was buying a phone with 3 year plan - if I cancel early i have to pay fines. They know this and that is why they simply count of getting tired on contacting customer service and they can [Edited for Guidelines] $20 extra every month. [Edited for Guidelines]

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @dipen.thakkar, thanks for reaching out for help with your plan. Its always sad hearing when a custom,er has a bad experience, but our team is here to help. To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging and send us a message with your full name and full address.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems. 

3 Messages

I tired but I always get an error saying couldn't send. 

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

I have similar bad experience with Xfinity "live chat" agent too. I think they are based in India (nothing about people from India). I think they are just being pressured by the leadership team to always upsell like crazy so they "tricked" me to believe that I can lower my Internet bill from $65 to $20 without signing up anything, and I just need to agree with a text that she will push to me. To be quite honest I'm still very shocked with this kind of unethical business practice. If there is an voted "most unethical company" in the world, I guess it would be Xfinity. This is totally not good for Xfinity's image, but I guess they just don't care cause when it comes to "cable" Internet, they are monopoly. I was seriously considering to switch my mobile service from T-Mobile to Xfinity, but due to this kind of unethical business practice, I think I will never buy anything more from Xfinity. I really hope Google Fiber can expand their footprint to San Francisco and I will switch my Internet service to Google Fiber right away..

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here