U

Monday, August 12th, 2024 12:47 PM

Help resolving incorrect trade-in and BOGO credit.

I am writing to formally express my dissatisfaction with the service I have received over the past ten months and to request immediate resolution to an ongoing billing issue.

In October, 2023, I signed up for service with Xfinity. During the signup process, I was assured by a representative named David that I would receive a trade-in credit and one line of service free for a year. I activated my new phone with the assistance of another Xfinity agent and assumed that everything was in order.

However, I later received an email confirming that my trade-in was received and that I qualified for the full $800 promotion. Despite this confirmation, I soon noticed that I was billed for three lines instead of the two I had agreed upon. After multiple calls to Xfinity:

1. **First Call:** I was informed that the third line could not be disconnected.
2. **Second Call:** I was assured that the third line would be disconnected.
3. **Subsequent Bill:** I received a bill with a $300+ credit but no adjustment for the free line.

When I called again, I was told that I forfeited the full credit because I canceled the third line, which was never requested in the first place. I requested to speak with a supervisor and was assured that the situation would be corrected.

Since then, I have contacted Xfinity every month to request the appropriate credit. Despite numerous assurances from various agents that the issue would be resolved, I have never received the correct credit amount. Each representative provides different information, and the problem remains unresolved.

I have documented all communications, including chat transcripts and emails, and am prepared to provide this evidence to support my claim.

This situation has persisted for ten months, and I am hoping for an immediate intervention to correct the billing discrepancies and to ensure that I receive the credits that were promised. I hope that by bringing this issue to your attention, it will be resolved promptly.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 month ago

user_ob1n4r Good morning! Thank you for reachhing out to our Community Forums Team, and bringin your experience to our attention. Having an issue like this can be frustrating, and I can see wanting to get to a resolution after this period of time. I'd be happy to get you in the right direction for getting your billing concerns resolved. To begin, can you please send a Direct Message with your name, the service address, and your Xfinity Mobile phone number? 

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here