U

Thursday, August 3rd, 2023 9:32 PM

Closed

Help please#comcastAcp,xfinitymobile.security, customer service

I have a major scam that a phone agent with xfinity has committed and has not only set up and ported out my phone number to a missing sim to an account she led me to pay on upfront for the essentials plus I had called to verify as per the instructions on the page. I also have now been charged and have no access to the ported number and sim and she has instead of calling me back and telling me what happened to my account I had set up in the phone call believing that I was signed up for essentials and that I had added a line and have been charged already for, and have no way to access it has gone further now and somehow has accessed all my iPhone and iCloud mail and has tied it together and even had sent me a link to show the sim was shipped priority. I confirmed that I did speak with an xfinity agent and she had lied to me about the whole thing and had been told by two other xfinity agents that the managers where on break and they would personally give me a call back within 30 minutes and this was heard out loud by the only agent who actually tried to help me at the Riverdale Utah location where she claimed to have called ahead for the essentials plus kit to pick up and the other two Sims that we were supposed to get from them “as she claimed to have called to confirm with the store during our call which lasted over an hour and a half and which I paid for a payment upfront to an account I had set up at 4:21 PM that was using a brand new Gmail account to verify my account number and then setup with the xfinity because of the fact I had no internet or service on my iPhone and couldn’t therefore access any of my info to my iCloud, gmail and my phone number and she claimed to have ported it to a sim, had to send it priority ups and then I had been put on hold for over 15 minutes as she claimed that she was on the phone with the store that I was closest to verifying my account and that they had a sim ready for me along with the essentials kit to pick up. on my arrival at the store they confirmed she did have an account set up with that Gmail and number and had sent me the SIM card via ups. I got a tracking number in my gmail account I set up with her and  I have checked the tracking and it’s not showing up as available and it’s missing,  having that information and the fact she lied and took my card and payment and then she said it was free with the xfinity app for 24 months with the essentials package and finding out at the store she set me up in a whole other xfinity package that I never even knew about or attempted to get, and she never called them and never even attempted to do anything she said, I then called to report it. In front of the store manager and the person who helped us the best way he could, I attempted to call to get it resolved and they told me to hold. I was told no. I then asked for a manager and the supervisor and again put on hold as I had explained already that the agent had lied and that I was not going to go along with whatever she did in an illegal way. I was put on hold for 30 min again and then told (while on speaker to allow witnesses from the Riverdale Utah store) that the supervisor and manager were on their breaks and would personally call me within 30 min. Then confirmed the correct number and all! They confirmed the call happening between myself and the woman who had lied and set me up on a plan and ported my phone number, took a payment and then lied to me and said it would be resolved and the manager was going to call me personally and I was not able to do anything else but agree to that. I left and they were closing. Today I am seeing this now has been further troubling that I imagined. The lady has not only told me last night she ported and sent me a SIM card and I have that all verified in a gmail account and couldn’t use my iCloud account to get anything done since I had no service on internet but now she has somehow gotten my iCloud account and ported phone number linked to an account that I’ve paid on and she hasn’t ever been given that info and has no access or my permission to do what she’s done, and I checked and she has my payment stored in the account I can’t access or find any information on with the ups tracking for a phone number I owned and I never got a single call back from anyone. Am I supposed to be okay with this or does this not seem to be something that may be a HUGE ISSUE AND ILLEGAL???? Please don’t let this be the way YOU Xfinity and Comcast are doing business. I am done with attempting to access a hacked account and I am unable to find a way to get help. I have no idea what is happening with your company but I am sure that the problem is not with me misunderstanding or anything else and that she and the company are breaking the law to get sales and hide the facts. I am really concerned about the company and the fact this is happening and I simply cannot see anything that is being done ever. I’ve been trying to access my own account and my own payment card she has on auto pay and with my own iCloud she has never been given. I am asking for immediate help or assistance please from the security department and the company to assist me with resolving it as I only had gotten to her because of the companies website that I was taken to sign up for essentials and it was terrible to me that I was unable to finding my application and told her my verified number that I have been given by the government national verifier only to have my number and my iCloud account and all my payment information that I had to pay rent for is not even allowing me in and it’s open to anyone who has access just not me, the owner of the info. And my biggest issue is how the person who has been verified as an employee of the company and who had an email address that I had used only to set up the info via gmail accessed my iCloud account that I couldn’t access and use but I have no managers calling back and my account was charged. I’m not going to take this so I’m going to try to send this and post the information and if I don’t get helped I am going to report it. 

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for connecting with us here in our community, @user_73b854. We are sorry to hear about your experience. I can assure you we will do everything we can to assist. The first thing to do is to reach out to our Customer Security Assurance Department at abuse@comcast.net or 1.888.565.4329 to check on your fraud claim. Once that is straightened out, we can proceed and assist with your account. 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you, XfinityLinda for directing me to the [Edited: "Personal Information"]. I’ve reached out and emailed them to see what to do next. I appreciate the help and the quick response!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Awesome! @user_73b854 We are happy you have connected with our CSA Team. We can follow up in a few days to see what you were advised to do. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hey there, how did things go with csa?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

1 year ago

Class action lawsuit 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here