G19Man's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Sunday, April 9th, 2023 7:14 PM

Closed

Global Pass when traveling in Costa Rica

Hi All,

Just wondering if this is a common issue when using the Global Pass.  Both the wife and sister-in-law are traveling in Costa Rica.  Both have opted for the Global Pass that allows their phones to work with the local networks (assuming).  The problem is when not on wi-fi (and roaming) they are unable to text.  They are able to make regular calls, but text is non-functional. I been on chat with live agents and support, but all they can essentially tell me is that it "should be working"...that's just annoying.  I've went through the phone settings over and over (I have my personal phone from another carrier and it works without issues in that country).  Is this a limitation with Xfinity in that country(I believe their phones connect to a "Liberty" network while roaming out there)?

Any information is appreciated. 

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

1 year ago

What do you mean by text? What do you mean by WiFi? Do you mean WiFi Calling which doesn’t use cell towers?

SMS should work for almost all carriers around the world. MMS (SMS + Photo, video, etc) depends on the limits set by each carrier and don’t always work between carriers. 

If you are trying to send pictures use email or use WhatsApp.

Also try selecting another carrier. 

Official Employee

• 

443 Messages

1 year ago

@G19Man  Thank you for reaching out.

Our team here on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and our Forum) cannot work with Xfinity Mobile accounts, as we do not have access to any of the systems or tools that team uses, as a matter of security so in this instance you will want to contact those experts directly. I do see you reached out via the chat, you may want to utilize one of the other methods as well. 

You can contact our Xfinity Mobile support center via any of the following methods:
 • SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
 • Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
 • Chat: https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here