Q

Monday, July 24th, 2023 12:27 PM

Closed

Getting charged for cancelled plan

I have not had an active plan with xfinity for more than a month, but I am still getting charged full price. I have a phone number with verizon and I am using verizon service/data, but Xfinity is still charging me $60/month! I talked to a representative on the phone over a month ago and she said that when my phone number is transferred to another carrier then my plan would get automatically cancelled, but this is not the case. How do I get a refund?

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

1 year ago

Look at your bill and current charge. XM is post paid so there should be a final bill. If you have a cellular watch you need to cancel it by calling XM, and since it’s data is associated with a pay as you go or unlimited line, that data plan charge continues until the Watch is cancelled. 

2 Messages

@DaveO3​ I don’t have a watch, only an iPhone which has only ever used Verizon. I know this is true because I got the phone new from Verizon and I haven’t fully paid it off so it is locked. I looked on xfinity mobile and this iPhone is the only device listed and it is listed as inactive.

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

@Q_covington​ When you ported your number from XM to Verizon it would have automatically inactivated the line on XM. Since XM is post paid , 20 days after your cycle date, you would still been required to pay for one or more cycles. It looks like you might have been maybe 10 days or so into the next cycle so you would have needed to pay for the past and final cycle. So one of these may have applied:

1.) By the gigabyte $30/month - Past $30 + taxes/fees AND Final $30 + taxes/fees (not prorated)

2.) Unlimited $45 - Past $45 + taxes/fees AND Final $45*10days/30days + taxes/fees (prorated)

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello @Q_covington Thanks for reaching out for support with your Xfinity Mobile bill. Since Xfinity Mobile support is limited for our Digital Care Team via social media, we ask that you reach directly out to our Xfinity Mobile Sales and Service team at 1-888-936-4968 for further assistance with your mobile bill. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns regarding your residential service(s), and we'll be here 24/7 to assist you however we can!"

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

8 months ago

Just chiming in to say they did the same thing to me. It was a text/talk only line (so no charges beyond around $20 if he didn't use data) and it was canceled on June 6. They billed me over $70 for July and August, and a small amount for September. The bill was never $70 even when it was active because it didn't include a data plan and he used wifi when he needed to. I owned the device. Been dealing with Xfkery for months with no luck. They sent it to collections. I made a last ditch effort to get through to them yesterday and spent over two hours on the phone only to be hung up on. I've already consulted an attorney/friend who will be handling it going forward. The charges are illegitimate and they've damaged my credit with their crappy business practices. It will be fixed and I don't care if I have to pay the lawyer ten times what Xfinity says I owe. 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here