U

Tuesday, June 4th, 2024 9:59 PM

Get a line free* for a year with home internet

I signed up for home internet online and seen that they were running a promotion to get a line free for a year and I had XX amount of time to sign up. I opted to sign up and called customer service to ensure that it was set up through the promotion. Mobile line was established and I was told by the representative that I was to only pay taxes on the line roughly $3–$4 a month. Fast forward, I received my first bill of $97.93 for 2 lines. Immediately call customer service to be told that 1. That promotion didn’t exist & 2. They don’t give credits for the first month. Once I asked for a supervisor then all of a sudden the promotion did exist & he “fixed” my account to receive the promotion but would only be crediting me for the second line that’s not being used. When I asked to be emailed the terms & conditions stating that the 1st month is not free, I was told they can’t do such a thing. Xfinity mobile is proving to be a scam. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 months ago

Thank you for reaching out to us here @user_0zck6h. I am sorry to hear about the experience with the Mobile plan. For assistance with the Mobile account or service you can reach the Mobile experts at the https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile site, or text or call them at the 888-936-4968 number. If they are not able to resolve that issue you can send us a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service. 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

1 Message

2 months ago

This is exactly what they are doing to me now.. a bill for $116.. unacceptable 

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Hi there, user_qqscd7! Thanks for reaching out about your Xfinity Mobile bill. I appreciate you taking the time out of your day and I want to ensure you are provided the best support possible. Can tell me a little more about your mobile concerns?
Have you tried calling or texting 1-888-936-4968, or reach out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile Expert is available 24/7?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

1 month ago

I'm having a similar problem after the affordability connectivity program ended I will send a link which offered me to go back to the $9.99 For the 50 megabits and they had a promotion for the 100 megabits for $29.99 The caveat being one free mobile line for one year my first bill came there's no mobile line I called customer service they said the promotion did not exist I had screenshots and then when I came back to change my plan there is an offer for 150 megabits for $19.99 I don't understand why I'm paying $29.99 for one 100 megabits on the 150 megabits is only $19.99. I feel like I got hoodwinked and bait and switched on. I feel like changing back to astonish which offers a $20 plan for 200 megabits twice as much as I'm paying for right now if you guys can help me with this I greatly appreciate it.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here