U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, July 18th, 2023 5:31 PM

Closed

galaxy watch 5 lte

I purchased a galaxy 5 watch LTE from Amazon.  I've been trying for 4 days to get the cellular line activated.  (Actually, I'm on my second watch because when it couldn't be activated, I was told that the watch was defective).

So now after 2 hours on the phone with an "expert" and 2 visits to the Xfinity store, my watch still isn't activated.  The first trip to the store was a fail because the servers were down.  The second time, I was told that again they were having problems.  I was told the activation could take 1-24 hours to complete.  It's been 22 hours and no sign of activation being complete.  I don't have much faith that it will activate.  So here is my question...do you have to buy the watch from Xfinity even though they advertise that you can bring your own?   They didn't have color watch I wanted, so I chose to purchase elsewhere.  Xfinity supposedly now supports the Galaxy watch for LTE.  What is going on?

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

1 year ago

Sometimes it gets a little tricky. Here is the XM support article for Apple and Samsung:

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/how-to-activate-apple-watch?INTCMP=ILC:byow-landing-support

You may have to start over, unpair etc. 

Also remember that your watch will use Bluetooth to your phone, then WiFi, then LTE, so sometimes you can’t tell if you have LTE service unless you are away from your phone or turn it off and disconnect from WiFi. 

Official Employee

• 

960 Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_e23299. Please follow these steps for activating your galaxy watch;

Galaxy Watch Cellular Activation

Before you begin cellular activation of your Galaxy Watch, be sure you have the following:

• Galaxy Watch plugged in and charged at least 50%.
  • Android device near your Galaxy Watch.
  • Your Xfinity Mobile login credentials – username and password.

To activate:

1. On your phone, open the Galaxy Wearable app and tap Watch Settings.
  2. Tap Mobile plans.
    • The app will begin scanning for an eligible LTE network.
  3. Select Next when prompted to start setting up a mobile network for your watch.
    • If a QR code is available, select I have a QR code or activation code and select Next.
  4. Complete the activation by selecting Done once completed.

Note: If you run into any issues, be sure to note the error message on the screen or take a screenshot before contacting us.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here