U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, June 10th, 2024 2:19 AM

Fraudulent sales and incompetent support

I recently received an email offer from Xfinity for an iPhone 15 at a discounted rate with trade in of my old iPhone. I contacted Xfinity sales and agreed to a trade in with a monthly payment of $15.00 for the new iPhone 15. 

After receiving the phone and returning the old phone, I see that there has been a new phone number created on my account. Obviously, the sales agent was unable to create the trade in transaction without creating a new phone number. I called support again to get the number removed from my account and get the deal corrected according to the agreement I had made on the phone with the original sales agent. 

Since then, I have made at least ten more phone calls to support and talked to incompetent agents in at least three different countries. I have been on the phone or in chat with support for over fifteen hours. 

I replied to a chat from another customer who had a similar experience with sales, and then I posted a chat message to support. I received a threat of being removed from the support community because it is against the rules to post an unsolicited support message (according to the threatening reply I received). This is ridiculous. 

Fifteen years ago I quit AT&T because they off-shored their customer service. Today, Xfinity customer service has surpassed the incompetence of AT&T by a mile. I talked to agents in The Philippines, India and Egypt. Not one was able to rectify the issue, although every one of them assured me the problem would be fixed. 

Today, the additional line still shows up on my account and I am being billed $35.00/month for a phone I agreed to pay &15.00/month. 

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 months ago

Hello @user_992854, Thanks so much for making that post, so we could help you further. If you could send our team a new direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

3 months ago

@user_992854 

I replied to a chat from another customer who had a similar experience with sales, and then I posted a chat message to support. I received a threat of being removed from the support community because it is against the rules to post an unsolicited support message (according to the threatening reply I received). This is ridiculous. 

When you signed up for the Forums you agreed to the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy which you should have read before making your first post, the reply to the customer.

Direct messaging isn't allowed until an official employee asks you to do so; it's against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy to send anyone an unrequested DM/PM.  Also note, if you do send one without being asked to do so, it could possibly be ignored, or you may be told that you could lose your posting privileges for doing so.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here