jkbuckethead's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

24 Messages

Friday, March 19th, 2021 5:23 PM

Closed

Enabling international roaming for xfinity mobile.

Taking a trip next month and need to enable international voice, text and data.  I am aware of the charges and I expect to minimize usage as much as possible, but I want to have the ability to call, text or check something on my phone if the need arises.

Searching support, it says that in order to use my phone internationally, I first need to contact support via chat to enable the function.  When I click on the provided chat link, it opens the automated assistant, which is about worthless.  When I type in that I want to enable international roaming, it provides several links.  Most of the links are unrelated and worthless.  The only related link opens the very same support article where I started.

I prefer to avoid a 30 minute wait on hold if I can avoid it.  Is there a way to enable this online or through the app? 

Contributor

• 

84 Messages

4 years ago

Try again via the automated assistant.  Type in International Roaming, after response type in Agent, and then My Account and Billing and then the virtual assistant should give you the option to chat with a live agent.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here