U

Monday, November 13th, 2023 8:41 PM

Elderly woman scammed by xfinity

My elderly mother was scammed by Xfinity customer service reps working on commission. They sent her a phone that she did not consent to receive. The phone is several hundred dollars and this woman makes very little money and does not even know how to use a web browser much less want the latest phone. She took it to the Xfinity store, confused - phone unopened in the box and they did not help her. She put in a case with customer service over the phone and they closed her claim automatically without explanation three weeks later. I’m going to report you to the Better Business Bureau. I’m going to talk to a lawyer and I’m going to talk to the federal trade commission I believe there was a giant class action lawsuit involving commissions and unwanted services involving Wells Fargo Bank. Would you like to be the next named party? I am very protective of my elderly loved ones. And I love social media.

Official Employee

• 

480 Messages

6 months ago

@user_qxdi3j Hello, I am happy to be of assistance. Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

1 Message

3 months ago

If you get this together. Would like to sign up. They have done the same thing to my grandmother. And we have been trying to give them the phone and they gave us a bill but wont take the phone back. 

we went in days after getting the phone, said they can't take it in store. 

called them within the 14 days to return and they said they will email a label. Waited on the email and it isn't here. 

called back and now he is saying the 14 days are up. But we have been trying to give them the phone 3 days after we realized what they did. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@Slevine18 This is not the experiance we want any customer to have when trying to return a device withing the correct time frame. We can not assist with mobile accounts directly here, but we can definitely make sure you get the assistance you need. If you are an authorized user on her account send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

14 days ago

Xfinity has done the exact same thing to my elderly mother, except sent her 4 phones, 2 for her, 2 for her deceased husband, she cant begin to use a smart phone.  

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

We're sorry to hear that your elderly mother is experiencing this situation @user_t2zd91. We'd be happy to help if you can have her reach out to our team here, we can look further into her concerns and try to make the situation right. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here