U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, July 15th, 2023 1:13 PM

Closed

[Edited]

Where to even begin with this... I'm not even sure but I'm so frustrated and angry at this point. It is almost impossible to speak with someone over the phone, and when you finally DO get to them, they have no idea what they're talking about. So, let's start from the beginning. For reference, I have an iPhone X which I bought new in 2017 from Xfinity Mobile.. We were told it was "such a great deal!!!!" This company is an absolute nightmare with its data, privacy and spam.

Everyone gets a spam call now and then, right? I can almost always tell when it's spam, whether it's an unknown number that is suspiciously close to my own cell. I've also gotten multiple calls a day from "Medicade" who is searching for my mother and refused to say why (because it's a spam and I refused to give her information).

I have gotten hundreds of spam calls since November 2022 AT LEAST. Sometimes the other line is silent. Other times I can hear some activity.

I found out WHY I've been getting these calls... Someone was able to hack my information and change my two-factor verification. My alternate email listed was correct, but I had NO IDEA whose phone number was listed on my account. Of course I freaked out! I formerly worked in sales, so it was extremely important that I pick up any missed calls, in case it was a prospect or client. EVERY time I picked up the phone... Spam.

My internet service is separate from Xfinity Mobile. I made that VERY clear to the service reps at the store near me, who were very nice. I receive Xfinity services through my apartment. The reps at the store made setting up our wifi and cable sound so easy. Then, after moving in, I spent ALL day Saturday trying to figure out why nothing would work. I got a condescending rep from overseas who had no idea what he was talking about. I eventually get sent to someone at least in the U.S. [Edited: "Inflammatory"]. She said it was a quick and simple fix of one cable being in the wrong spot. So yay, all set up right?

Come to find out, I was on an unstable network that I thought was Xfinity. My iPhone even warned me that it was unsafe. Instead of automatically connecting to my APARTMENT WIFI, it was always connected to some sort of spammy Xfinity hotspot.

With the iPhone security hoopla, I ended up wiping my entire phone because I was afraid it was infected with malware. I've gone back and forth with your "live agents" who did not listen to my concerns. I could tell they were copying and pasting the same response. They did not have correct grammar so I doubt they even understood my problem. He said in "20-30 minutes my problem will be fixed and I'd never have to deal with this issue again."

Day 3 and my phone STILL isn't working :-) I can't make emergency calls or texts to family. I can't do ANYTHING -- and I don't have an alternate phone so I couldn't call Comcast if I wanted to.

My Dad created my comcast email account when I was 13. Ever since, I've been exposed to SO much spam, [Edited: "Inflammatory"]. I'm looking forward to searching for a new phone plan -- and as soon as I move out of this apartment, I will NEVER use Comcast/Xfinity [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

One more thing... I am a journalist, so I don't believe this targeting of spam calls is any mistake. All of this has caused me SO much stress and anxiety, on top of the normal moving stresses. [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 year ago

@user_bah5e1 Thank you for taking the time to contact us through our Xfinity Community Forums and providing the details of your experience. We focus on providing the best service and security of your account. 

We have a excellent dedicated team specifically to help with assisting in special cases like yours. You may contact them online or  by calling 1-888-565-4329. 

On their page you will also find great resources to help protect yourself online and even have an alerts page with the most up-to-date information.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here