L

Wednesday, June 26th, 2024 3:50 PM

Did I just receive a scam call from someone claiming to be from Xfinity?

Yesterday I received a call from [Removed: "Invalid phone number"]. There was no caller ID, but when I answered, the person said they were from Xfinity and that this call would be monitored for training purposes. The agent said she could reduce my bill by $40 if I signed up for an Xfinity mobile plan. I told her I was not interested. She then said that if I signed up for an iPad with Xfinity mobile, I could receive a discount on my internet bill and pay $20 a month for a new iPad. The iPad plan would be $20 for the device itself and $20 for the monthly service, bringing my new monthly bill to $80 a month. I told her I would potentially be interested in the iPad, but that I needed more information before making a decision today. She then said that in order to send me a summary of the order, she would need to verify that I qualified for the discount. She asked for my date of birth and Social Security number. 

Was this a legitimate call from Xfinity, or was this a scammer? I see a soft credit pull in my Equifax credit report from Xfinity Mobile. Was this call legitimate?

4 Messages

4 months ago

To add, the agent was very persistent and would not let me hang up. Southern accent. Had a lot of my account info already, including name, phone #, current internet plan, and address. Sent me a code for verification. 

Official Employee

• 

910 Messages

ljames94 Thanks for posting on our Community Forums. I appreciate your wanting to check on the validity of the call and agree in our day and age it is good to be a bit skeptical. It sounds like it was legitimate, though our team wouldn't have access to check the account history and see the outbound call logs. I would recommend contacting our dedicated XM team directly, either by phone at 1-888-936-4968, or by chat using this link https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

4 months ago

Any response? I would really like to know if this call was legit or not. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here