D

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, December 27th, 2022 6:42 PM

Closed

Did I get scammed? Email about over data limit at beginning of cycle

So I recieved an email about going over my data or reaching my limit. Which i thought was odd because my billing cycle should have restarted a couple of days ago. It looked completely legitimate, from xfinity mobile. I had a hell of a time getting to talk to a representative and when i finally did, she said since the email was a .com and not .net it was a scam. But the URL i clicked before being told that took me directly to my xfinity account. And upon reviewing other emails, ive had other emails from xfinitymobile with a .com on them about my bill being due.

What email should i trust from xfinitymobile?

What should i do if the email was a scam?

Also is there a way to check my speed?

Also why is it so hard to get ahold of customer service?

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

2 years ago

Email from Xfinity will be from [Edited: "Personal Information"]nity.com or similar, while our personal email is usually [Edited: "Personal Information"]

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@DaveO3​ the lady i talked to from xfinity said that any email from xfinity would only be a xfinity.net email... while the email i recieved was from a xfinity.com. she said that it was a scam due to the .com

But again it seems like all my xfinity mobile emails are from a .com

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

The lady was mistaken. Personal email accounts use .net which could also be spam or spoofed email

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here