chsaidesh's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, January 7th, 2021 5:00 PM

Closed

Device Unlock

Hi,

I have been calling customer care since 3 days to un lock my fully paid phone(Upgraded to iphone 12 old device is iphone 11).

Every time I get the same answer saying I need to connect to special device unlock team since my phone is not showing in my account And waiting time for that device unlock team is 100+ min and I never get connected, already I have wasted more than 3 hr waiting for them in the call.

Please help to unlock my device.

Thanks,

Saidesh

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Update: 

I contacted customer service again and she submitted the request for me. She said my device will be unlocked within 48 hours and I don't have to wait on hold any longer! I will get an email once it's unlocked. Definitely try this! 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Same issue here.. I don't have hours to wait. Why can't we just email or chat them? 😞

Contributor

• 

153 Messages

4 years ago

Did you meet all the requirements? which phone are you trying to get unlocked, the old or new? When you upgrade always get the old phone unlocked prior to upgrading.

Criteria for unlocking your phone

If you need to unlock your phone so that you can switch out your SIM card, it's no problem. There are just a few requirements to be aware of:

• The phone must be an Xfinity Mobile device.
  • The phone must not be reported lost, stolen, or involved with fraudulent activity.
  • The phone must be paid in full prior to requesting the device unlock. If your device is on a Device Payment Plan, it is ineligible for unlocking.
  • The phone cannot be active on another Xfinity Mobile customer's account. If the phone previously was active on another Xfinity Mobile customer’s account, it must be paid for in full.
  • You must have completed and paid for at least one full billing cycle of Xfinity Mobile service since purchasing the phone.
  • A minimum of 60 days must have passed since you activated the phone.
  • Your Xfinity Mobile account must be in good standing.
  • The device must have been purchased on the account of the authenticated customer who is requesting the unlock.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

@Alexiskells14 can you help me with customer care email id which you contacted, I will also try the same.

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Yes @davdri I have met all the requirment, this is my old phone which is not in active with xfinity line since I have upgraded my phone to iphone 12 and I have fully paid the due for my old iphone 11.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Dear @ComcastLolli can you please help me.

I hear from customer care team syaing for device unlock, only way is talk to the device unlock team so, today I have decided to wait in the call even though it says waiting time is more than 100 min. after 120 min(2 hr) waiting I got connected but he says this is wrong dept I will connect you to device unlock team and again the waiting continued I am still on the call it's been 4 hr still the IVR says the waiting time is more than 100 min.

I suspect does this device unlock team really exist, this is the worst situvation I ever faced.
I have wasted my whole friday for this, I am still in the call now.
why should I suffer this much just to unlock a fully paid device. Is this the same process with every carrier.
Please some one help me here.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

@chsaidesh - I am in the same boat and wonder as well if the unlock department even exists.

I reached out on Thursday evening only told that they cant do anything and will escalate and will transfer me to unlock department and it will be fixed in 24/48hrs and they will escalate. Yesterday, I made numerous calls, waited for 2hrs 28mins in the morning and then 2hrs 45mins in the evening after being transferred to the unlock department "same message 100+ minutes wait time and I may want to call back later" but still didnt get connected. Have reached out to multiple agents only to be transferred to the unlock department which seems to be a blackhole in space where no one exists and not sure where that is. And, they dont even have a direct number and no one can reach out to them? not even their own people?

This is furstrating. I bought the phone and paid fully at the time of purchase more than a year ago, thinking that I am getting an unlocked phone and now when I am trying to transfer my service, unable to get that done. Same wait time again and again. Why the heck would Xfinity even keep the phone locked if the device is fully paid at the time of the purchase?

I am so frustrated and feel so helpless. Not sure who can help. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

@Alexiskells14 - would appreciate if you can tell us if you were able to get your issue resolved. Thanks

Contributor

• 

153 Messages

4 years ago

It does indeed exist. Just a week ago I paid off my phone and had it unlocked in about 10 minutes, with the help of this team. Your old phone, which is no longer on a line since you upgraded it, so it is no longer on XM's records, to them it no longer exists. This is why it is so important to do the unlocking BEFORE you upgrade. It can still be done but it takes some work with both you and  XM support. Perhaps you will find a friendly, knowlegable support person, willing to walk that extra mile with you. I say all this from personnal experience of this exact problem about a year ago, good luck!

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

@tanik123 

I went to Xfinity store yesteday since I couldn't get help through a phone call. I met with an agent he was really helpful and tried to contact the device unlock team using their internal number((866)-461-0805),  even for him it says the waiting time is more than 30 min, I came back home since I don't want wait there. After some time he called me and said he was unable to unlock since the team wants to talk to me and suggested me contact the same number.
I did contact that number looks like this team is totally different who helps the agents call from the store and one of the agent tried waiting with me in the call to talk to the device unlock team even that didn't help after 30 min call got disconnected, so no luck.
Today I got an email from Xfinity saying we received a request to unlock your phone and have completed our part of the process.
Initially I thought unlocking my phone will be like plucking a fruit from my own garden but now I feels like won a battle.
I am not sure who helped me but finally my phone is unlocked.
try your luck with above phone number.

Contributor

• 

153 Messages

4 years ago

That is good to hear! XM certainly has it's customer service quirks and this one of them. Please take my advise; Unlock your phone as soon as possible after reaching the necessary time and paid in full requirements. As shown above, doing this after an upgrade or to an XM phone that was taken off a line can be a soul crushing experience.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I’m having this same issue and while I did try that internal number, it asks me for a store number. Anyone else have other avenues to try?

Contributor

• 

153 Messages

4 years ago

I am all out of ammo on this, sorry.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Xfinity mobile  has the worst customer service ever! I spent tens of hours dealing with them and finally switched, my phone I bought from them is still locked  

Official Employee

• 

28 Messages

We're sorry to hear about the issues getting your phone unlocked. Please call or text 1 (888) 936-4968 and one of our Xfinity Mobile experts will be happy to look into this for you!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@ComcastEmily HELP US BETTER, PLEASE!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am dealing with this exact same issue right now. Currently, I am at the stage where, after about 4 different chats and 8 or 9 different people, the latest agent told me they would "escalate my issue to the unlock team and that they would email." No idea when I'll hear, from anyone. I now cant make or receive calls or texts and also have apparently activated my new SIM, but can't actually use it, of course. I have tried both unlock/unfreeze codes that xfinity emailed me earlier today after the first nightmare. I have tried many times and nothing works and now I am afraid that if I try ANYTHING I'm going to get locked out and have to do a factory reset. So now I am tediously and unpreparedly backing up my phone, in case I GET answers?? This is a NIGHTMARE and a half. I'm waiting to hear back from a bunch of new jobs, I'm moving soon, and traveling soon!!!! Why can't I just have the phone that I already completely paid for????

@ComcastEmily @ComcastRenae @ComcastNormanL @ComcastCC_SPA @ComcastRyan @ComcastChrisP @ComcastConnie @ComcastBasil @ComcastRachel @ComcastGary @ComcastJasonS @ComcastJP @ComcastZayid @ComcastMarc @Comcast_XFCSBO @ComcastUmut @ComcastLeon

@ComcastCarl @ComcastYvonna @ComcastNickM @ComcastXCMATeam 

Maybe that will do the trick. (I don't know these people... but the handles seem official)

PLEASE HELP US. What your company is doing is theft. 

Official Employee

• 

553 Messages

Hello @foxematics, thanks for reaching out for help on our forums. We're sorry to hear about this device concern. However, the only way to obtain Xfinity Mobile assistance is by using chat on our Xfinity Mobile website or calling/texting our dedicated support team at 1 (888) 936-4968. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here