ssangal's profile

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, October 5th, 2021 6:25 PM

Closed

Device Unlock taking forever

Hi,

I am not sure if it's a sort of black hole where all the request go but I am surprised the way things happened. I have to go out of country in some time and there I have to use a different sim. I luckily start requesting for the phone unlock and till date I have contacted the service team thrice and each time they update me in 48 hours I will receive a mail with the unlock details. But still after 9 days of waiting and trying no update on the same.

Not sure what to do or whom to complain, but it's definitely make me disappointed 

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

3 years ago

When I had XM unlock my iPhone they said that they would notify, but they did not. However, when I checked my iPhone a few hours later, under Settings, General, About, the Carrier Lock setting had changed to “No SIM restrictions”, meaning that my iPhone was now unlocked. 

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

@DaveO3

Thanks Dave, just checked again, restarted the phone as well. But no the sim is still shown as carrier locked.  

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

In order to unlock a device it has to meet certain requirements which can be found here https://comca.st/3ajqqqY. Once those requirements are met we would need to have the account holder call our unlock team at (844) 963-0011. They will go into the account and verify all is good and they will process the unlock. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityDena  All requirements are met and even my phone is active unlike other cases where phone has been upgraded. I contacted support twice and they have registered twice the request and were confident that the phone will be unlocked in 2 days.

Today around 20 days of my first request, still no unlock

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

"In 2015, the Unlocking Consumer Choice and Wireless Competition Act made it legal for customers to unlock phones without penalty. Carriers aren't required to make phones unlocked by default, but they do have to give customers a way to unlock them."

I am not sure if it's even legal to give customer so much pain to get the phone unlocked when the user is there regular user since last 2 years, and have paid the device fully over a year back. 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityDena​ I am currently experiencing "UNLOCK [Edit: Language]" as others have. I am trying to move 3 lines to MINT mobile and Xfinity has my 3 Samsung phones locked.  I've been told that the unlock process can take 24-48 hours.  This is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!  I have ported my numbers but I can't use them on MY devices.  Not Xfinity's devices, mine.  That I paid a [Edit: Language] of money to xfinity for.  Meanwhile, I have a paraplegic wife stuck in a chair with no communications.  

Xfinity really needs to look at this because as @ssangal writes, "In 2015, the Unlocking Consumer Choice and Wireless Competition Act made it legal for customers to unlock phones without penalty." A 24-48 hour wait IS A HUGE PENALTY AND AGAINST THE LAW.

I really hate getting nasty but this is so frustrating.  And then, try to get through to someone who can actually do something for you to expedite the process.  Thanks so much to @XfinityDena for providing a phone number that definitely helped.  When I finally got "Christian" on the line, I got somewhere.  He was extremely courteous and professional and did what he could to push this request through.  My point?  It should not be necessary in the first place.  Xfinity, please look at this procedure and fix it.  As I told Christian, my frustration is directed at the problem, not the people.  This problem needs to be fixed.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

We have now been dealing with this for almost a week. We requested our phones to be unlocked a week ago and they still have not been unlocked. We have had no help from customer service other than an email being sent as a priority. We are currently without phone service and cannot go to another service until the phone is unlocked. This is extremely fraudulent and pathetic. do not go with Xfinity mobile if you are deciding on a phone provider. This has been a horrible experience. We called the number listed from @XfinityDena and it got us nowhere. We are still waiting on our phones to be unlocked. 

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

2 years ago

When you call any of these numbers anyone gives you, your best chance of success is demanding to speak with a supervisor.  If that doesn't work, demand to speak to the supervisor's supervisor.  Escalate the hell out of it.

Official Employee

• 

32 Messages

Thank you for working with us to get thie taken care of. I submitted a ticket to our Rewards Team on your behalf. Someone will contact you regarding this matter. We will follow up with you to make sure you are being taken care of. Please let us know if you need anything in the meantime. Thanks and have a great night. -Jim

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

32 Messages

I am sorry for your lack of confidence regarding this matter. We do not have any updates for the ticket I created earlier today. Also, our team does not have access to the ticket created by Valerie. I apologize for the delays, we will be sure to keep you posted on the progress. Thanks. -Jim

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

At the Xfinity store today, the representative said that a request was put through to unlock my phone and we received an email from Xfinity that said:

We received your request to unlock Lawrence's SEA Galaxy S21 5G Phantom Violet 128GB New Retail Box Kit, and we've now completed our part of the process. Make sure your device is powered on and connected to the internet (cellular or Wi-Fi network).

Once the carrier lock is removed, you'll get a notification directly on your phone. This will take about 30 minutes.

Of course, the notification never came. I just spent an 1.5 hours on the phone with the Tier 2 Advanced team and they say that the unlock is still pending and that the email we received was a LIE. The Tier 2 advanced team member says there is no telephone number to the unlock team. Only he can contact them. As has been mentioned by many people, the whole process borders on a SCAM.

Personally, I have never received a correct answer from any Xfinity customer service representative, and, unfortunately, that is not an exaggeration. I am still waiting for something good to happen.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@Petrushka​ same exact scenario of my past few days! Has yours been resolved? Let’s work on a fix for this together let’s see what we can band together to come up with a way to force them to unlock our property. 

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Hello, @Petrushka. I am sorry for your experience and also want to see this resolved. Is the Tier 2 team reaching back out to you regarding the phones being unlocked? 

Official Employee

• 

924 Messages

Hi @empiregfx. Please give our awesome Xfinity Mobile team a call at (888) 936-4968. They can better assist with this issue you are having!

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

going through this currently. i’ve called 3 times, and talked to over 7 chat agents. promised first, 24 hrs, then 72 and THEN 12. absolutely NOTHING. i’m paying for a whole other carrier i can’t even use because of this [Edited: "Language"]. paid over a grand for a phone and i don’t even have the rights for it? pathetic! [Edited: "Solicitation/Language"]

(edited)

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_a2f07e​ if i can’t get my phone unlocked, can i get a refund for the phone LOL

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello @user_a2f07e. Has our Mobile team been able to get your issue resolved at this time? We don't have any Mobile agents that can help on this platform, but you can reach them with any of these methods:

SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968

Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968

Chat: https://comca.st/3j6R7ng

I hope we get your situation handled for you soon! 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

nope!! still waiting!! called 3 more times. i’ll be filing a lawsuit if it isn’t unlocked in 2 more days. ridiculous and very unprofessional

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

you guys are required by law to unlock a phone once it’s fully paid off. disgusting!!!!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here