U

Wednesday, November 1st, 2023 7:41 PM

Closed

Customer service failure worse than delivery failure

I placed an order for a new iPhone 15 Pro with a promotion for trading in my Google Nexus 6 on October 11, 2023. With two-day shipping, my phone was due to arrive on Oct. 13. FedEx texted me to be sure I was home that day because I had to sign for the package. The FedEx delivery guy came on the 13th, drive up my long driveway, looked around in the back, and then said he didn't have a package for me and left.

I ended up filling a claim with FedEx [Edited: "Personal Information"]. It was resolved on 10/18 and they said my delivery could not be completed because it was damaged.

I immediately passed that information to Xfinity and opened a claim with them

[Edited: "Personal Information"]. That claim was finally closed on 10/24. I contacted Xfinity that day to request a replacement order and was told that my trade-in promotion cannot be applied because the promotion period ended. I escalated the issue to the supervisor and they told me they would file an exception ticket and call me back within 48 hours. No call back was received. Today, 11/1, I reached out again and was told the same thing after escalating - nobody can help me, the promotion ended, wait for another promotion. This is super frustrating. Please help!

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

11 months ago

Hello @user_kbyv6o, I'm sorry you've had to spend so much time the last month working on that iPhone shipping and promotional pricing issue. I'd be pretty upset if I was in your shoes, so I totally get why you're trying to make sure you don't lose out on that deal. I appreciate you coming to our forum for help, and I'll do all that I can for you. We're pretty limited in our options with Xfinity Mobile, due to account security. I know you mentioned reaching out, was this by phone or through our dedicated chat team? The quickest way to get direct support would be to reach out to our secure Online Chat team. If you haven't already, can you please try? 

2 Messages

Hi Marcos - thanks for your comments.  Yes, I've reached out to the Xfinity Mobile Customer Service Team by phone three times and by live chat seven times attempting to resolve the shipping issue and then replace my order.  Unfortunately each time I request to replace my same order with the same promotion, I'm told that it is not possible because the promotion ended.  When I explain that I placed my original order within the promotion time period, the Xfinity representative is sympathetic, but still indicates that there is no way they can give me the same promotion - even after escalating to the Supervisor level.  They tell me that they are limited by their "tool" and there is no way to do it and no way to escalate to someone at a level who can exercise judgment without "tool" limitations.
In a customer-focused organization, I would expect that the original damaged shipment would be detected, someone would reach out to me proactively, and would confirm automatic replacement of my original order and promotion with sympathy for the shipping problems.  Instead, it's always me reaching out and pushing for ticket resolution, pushing for answers, pushing for correction of billing on my account, pushing for the same deal that I initiated weeks and weeks ago.  What I get in return is empty promises to escalate the issue, to call me back, to resolve the issue within the next 24-48 hours, and refusal to honor the original terms of the purchase agreement.

As far as account security, I've provided the Xfinity claim number in my original post.  Can you review details using that?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@user_kbyv6o, understood, I really appreciate you taking the time to not only reach out on this issue as many times as you have, but also for making the effort to type out all of those details and context for me. I'd like to research your account a bit further to see if I can find any other insight, and see if there is a way that promotion can be added. I can't promise the promotion can be added, since my team doesn't have the direct tools to apply it, however; I can make sure we turn over every stone possible. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right? From there I can review that ticket number you provided, and any other tickets that have been created. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here