Tim765's profile

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

Friday, September 29th, 2023 6:02 AM

Closed

Credit Rating Issue

I have good credit and the mobile device customer service stated that I cannot even qualify to upgrade my paid off device with a new one. I no longer qualify to use the payment plan deal. 

I have 5 lines and had payments plans on 4 devices at once. Now three have been paid in full. This is not accurate and the customer service had no answer other than to use another SSN! I would prefer to use my own, that would be the legal choice. He corrected to say I could have a family member add credit to my account that way. That is absurd when I am the one that co-signs for others. 

How can my credit rating be corrected with Xfinity? The customer service told me to change my credit rating at the “government office.” He clearly doesn’t understand where a credit rating comes from! 

please help

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

1 year ago

Hello, @Tim765 thanks for sharing this experience. We will explore all avenues to help. This is an issue that you may need to work with our Xfinity Mobile team with. They can always be reached at 888-936-4968 or by chat at finity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile. If you have used both these support channels already please let us know. 

Have you already tried upgrading your device from the Xfinity Mobile app or the Xfinity app? 

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

I had to call customer service and talk to a mobile service representative again. He had to run my credit and update it in Xfinity records, which if explained when I called the first time I would have had them do. I was then able to upgrade my device as I qualified easily once my rating was updated. 

My credit with Xfinity should have never gone into a negative status.  

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@Tim765, I'm glad to hear they were able to help you. Is there anything else we can assist you with today?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here