U

Sunday, January 28th, 2024 4:30 AM

Continue billing for deceased account holder

Hello.  My mother passed away in late November and I have sent Xfinity her death certificate several times, along with the form from the bereavement support part of the website.  Her Xfiniy cable was canceled with no issue, but I have wasted hours of my life on the phone with customer service representatives who do not give me accurate information, cannot access all of the notes on her account, and pawn me off on the store.  I have gone to the store twice and they get very annoyed at the call center for sending me there and made notes in her account for me, which didn’t end up helping.  Her account is closed but they are continuing to bill for the month after she died as well as for the device, which I have been asking how to return since day one.  They said they emailed me a label, but that was not true.  No one knows what they are talking about and I am BEYOND frustrated.  I will never do business with Xfinity in any capacity after this horrible experience.  Can you help me in any way?  Please…

Official Employee

• 

585 Messages

5 months ago

@user_pd4a9a, thank you for taking the time to reach out using the Xfinity Community Forums page. Our condolences for your mother. We would be more than happy to assist you with your mothers account. Thank you for letting us know the steps you have already taken to get this issue addressed. Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to get started. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

25 days ago

Yes I too have spent hours on the phone with Xfinity for a similar situation.  Their customer service is horribly complex, annoying, and ultimately not helpful.  I FINALLY talked to a person who appeared competent enough to help, they sent an email with a link to the forms I needed......but the link didn't work.  So I called back (again waited forever and navigating their painfully obtuse menus) and was told I would need to make a 2 hour round trip drive to a store to pick up the form.  They couldn't even email it, that had to be printed out and signed, etc.  How pathetic is that?  The form is avail electronically since it was first sent via email as a link.... but they couldn't send it directly.  And yet they have a corner on the market for the most part when it comes to internet service.  Screw this company.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here