U

Tuesday, October 24th, 2023 7:00 PM

Closed

Completely taken advantage of. [Edited]

Dear Comcast Xfinity Customer Service,

I am writing to express my extreme dissatisfaction with the service I have received from Comcast Xfinity. Last Christmas, I purchased my son’s first cell phone, and during the purchase, I was informed by a customer representative that the device would be free of charge. Delighted, I presented the phone to my son on Christmas morning, and he activated and used it for one month.

To my shock, when I received my bill after the first month, I discovered that I was being charged $30 per month for the supposedly “free” device. This discrepancy prompted me to visit a Comcast Xfinity store and speak to the manager in hopes of resolving this issue. The manager assured me that he would look into the matter and find a solution.

However, since that visit, my experience has been nothing but frustration. Each time I call Comcast Xfinity customer service, I am met with the same response: “Let me see what I can do.” Despite these assurances, the problem remains unresolved, and I continue to be billed $30 per month for a device that was promised to be free.

I find this situation entirely unacceptable and unfair. As a loyal customer, I expected better treatment and more transparent communication. It has been several months since my initial complaint, and no one at Comcast Xfinity has taken any concrete steps to address this issue or provide a satisfactory resolution.

I kindly request that you investigate this matter promptly and take the necessary steps to correct the billing error and adjust my account as it was originally promised. I believe this is a clear case of misinformation on the part of your representative, and I should not be held responsible for these charges.

I look forward to a swift and positive resolution to this matter. Please contact me at [Edited: "Personal Information"] or [Edited: "Personal Information"] to discuss this further and inform me of the steps you plan to take to rectify the situation.

Sincerely,

Brett [Edited: "Personal Information"]

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

11 months ago

Hi there, @user_1jpmx4 ! Thank you so much for reaching your Digital Care team. Thank you for your patience while you waited to connect with me. I can most definitely understand your concerns on being billed for something that you were told was free, I would be just as concerned. Please be assured you reached the right person to assist you. Can you please DM me your first and last name along with your full service address so that I can assist you further?

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon 
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here