U

Tuesday, September 24th, 2024 9:46 PM

Comcast Business Mobile Fees if drop wired services?

I have been given the following information for Xfinity Mobile residential service:

If you're on our latest price plan and move to a new address that doesn't qualify for Xfinity Internet, Xfinity Voice, Xfinity TV, or if you cancel these services for any reason, you'll see a $25 per month standalone mobile fee per account on future Xfinity Mobile bills. If you’re not on our latest plan, you’ll see a $25 per month standalone mobile fee per line on future Xfinity Mobile bills. 

Full text can be found here.

The question is - Does the same policy apply for Comcast Business Mobile?  I know there are significant differences between Xfinity Mobile residential and Comcast Business Mobile plans, and just want to make sure that Comcast doesn't have a different policy for business if just internet, or all wired services are dropped.  The Xfinity Store points me to their Business Rep.  The Business Rep says he just sells stuff and doesn't know the policies for customers after they have the service.  I have asked the Business Rep and a store manager repeatedly to be pointed to resources with this information, and have been met with total silence. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 days ago

Hello user_83xh4l these are excellent questions on the Xfinity Mobile for Business product, and I'm sorry you weren't directed to more concrete resources.  The information above applies to Xfinity Mobile for Comcast Business customers also, except for the "$25 per line/account" as this would be $25 per line regardless of plan tier if moving out of the service area, or if not maintaining other Comcast Business services. 

10 Messages

Thanks for the reply Alfonso.  Just to confirm, Business Mobile customers who no longer have any Comcast wired services(Internet, TV or Phone) are always subject to a $25/line/month surcharge, regardless of which Mobile plan they are currently on.  Unlike for residential mobile service, where if they are on the latest mobile plan, they are only charged one $25/month surcharge on the account.  Can you please provide a link to a document which covers all of the specifics, similar to the one I provided above for Residential Mobile service. 

The Non-profit I am working with currently has Xfinity Internet and a couple of analog voice lines over cable.  So just to confirm, they could keep the analog phone service and drop Internet and not be subject to the $25/line/month surcharge.

They also have 3 iPhone SEs on 24 month payment plans, which won't be paid off until next May.  Would dropping wired services affect these payment plans?

Thanks

10 Messages

I should clarify that each month they receive a credit for the monthly payment for these 3 iPhone SEs, i.e. they should ultimately be "Free" phones.

Official Employee

• 

560 Messages

That is correct that customers who drop Comcast Business Internet service will see a $25 fee per line per month to keep the service active. You can find that documentation outlined here.

Xfinity Voice, our landline phone service, is not subject to any eligibility requirements with other services so in that situation where your clients drop Xfinity Internet and keep Xfinity Voice, they would not see a penalty fee or something of the sort for just maintaining Xfinity Voice and not both.

Xfinity Mobile and Comcast Business Mobile are billed separately from our other suite of services and dropping the core services would not effect the device payment plans you have set up for either mobile account. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

10 Messages

Hi Brad, you misunderstood my second question, which I am rephrasing again here:

The Non-profit I am working with currently has Xfinity Internet and a couple of analog voice lines over cable.  So just to confirm, they could keep the analog phone service and drop Internet and not be subject to the $25/line/month surcharge on their Business Mobile service.

Thank-you for the link, unfortunately, it too is not totally clear.  In some areas it says you must have Internet, but in the 3rd paragraph it says you need Internet, Phone or TV service.

I found another article at Add a line to your Comcast Business Mobile account | Comcast Business Support which states "Comcast Business Mobile customers who disconnect all of their Comcast Business TV, Internet, or Voice services but keep Comcast Business Mobile will be charged an additional $25 per-month, per-line fee."  This is clear and concise and mirrors what I have been told, seen documented, and actually experience for Residential Mobile - see link in my original post for the document which spells this out.  My current residential Xfinity Mobile service is tied to an account with only Comcast TV service, and we are not being charged a stand-alone mobile fee per line or per account.

It would be REALLY HELPFUL if the support articles had the date they were created or updated included in the post.  Right now we have no idea if these posts are a day old or 10 years old.

ALL of this information should be included in a Terms and Conditions or similar authoritative document which is readily accessible and searchable, has a Table of contents and Index so that it is EASY to find this and other very important information. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for your patience while I took a further look @user_83xh4l! Having Comcast Business Internet services is an eligibility requirement for Comcast Business Mobile similar to how Xfinity Internet is an eligibility requirement for Xfinity Mobile. When taking a further look, I also saw our business services mention the following:

Comcast Business Mobile customers who disconnect all of their Comcast Business TV, Internet, or Voice services but keep Comcast Business Mobile will be charged an additional $25 per-month, per-line fee.

It would appear that retaining Business Voice services will prevent the additional $25.00 per-month, per line fee. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here