U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, April 20th, 2023 8:07 AM

Closed

Charged for free device

I'm Jan. Xfinity customer. Dec 2021 a customer service representative initiated a deal for free Motorola One cell phone. He failed to tell me that I would be charged for phone if I didn't activate it in 30 days. 

From April 2022 until now I'm  overcharged 12.49 per month for a device that was given to me free. It is not resolved after 4 long discussions with 4 different customer service representatives who all agreed to refund me the overcharging and correct bill to show $45/ month.

It is exasperating in this hi tech world and with Xfinity who regularly increases charges that they refuse to resolve this. 

The initial customer service representative needed to discuss this issue of being penalized for not activating the new cell in 30 days.

If anyone can help ..ty. I'm not sure I'm up for chatting with the 5 th customer service representative.

Best to everyone trying to resolve issues.

I know this is not a crisis ..but it's annoying. 

How many customers are overcharged and they don't know what to do ? 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

1 year ago

I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Please reach out to our Xfinity Mobile team with the options below. 

Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
Chat: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Did they fix your problem ?

1 Message

1 year ago

I transitioned from T-Mobile to Xfinity Mobile in March 2023 and am being charged a monthly fee of $21.82 for what was supposed to be a free promotional Pixel 6a phone . I have tried several ways to get this resolved via Xfinity, the 1-800 number and visiting the actual store but no one can quite explain why I'm paying for a free promotional phone. There is an open ticket on this issue which has been escalated (whatever that means). At this point I regret moving to Xfinity for mobile services - they are basically stealing money from me each month. Any advice out there?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here