U

Tuesday, March 19th, 2024 6:43 PM

Closed

Charged $1800 during a period of 3 days of international travel with a Global pass and extremely poor customer service

Hi- I just returned from an international trip and was charged $1800 in three days despite having purchased a global pass ahead of time . I was traveling overseas with your global travel pass which was activated in advance of my leaving USA. I was told that it would be $10 per day pass . I had clearly explained and let Xfinity know the multiple countries I would be travelling through during my travel from Feb 12 -11 March 2024.
  1. When I reached London my mobile phone did not work. So right away the global entry plan I had purchased for my travel was not working. I frantically used my daughter's phone to get a hold of someone at Xfinity to help resolve this. Had she not been with me, I would have been stranded abroad without a working phone . After extensive troubleshooting at the London airport, it was resolved and I was able to use my phone .

All was okay until the very last three days of my travel, I started getting alerts via text that I was incurring international roaming charges. I went from Wed March 6th 5:14 am $100 charge to $200 to $400 then back to $300 then $500 then 626.27then 755.00 and then at 8.32 am also on March 6th the account had $900.00 then 1041.65 and then back down to $800.00. within the same minute. 

I was traveling in South Asia at this point, what what I suppose to do with an inundation of text messages indicating such rapidly growing charges on my account? As soon as I noticed the charges text alerts coming in at 5:14am, I immediately powered off my phone to ensure I wouldn't be using cellular data even by accident - because $800.00 charge within 1 minute was a scary message to be getting (in fact I even thought it could have been spam or my phone was hacked given how absurd the charges were).

When I powered on my phone again the next day, I immediately turned off any form of cellular data and turned on wifi - which had a stable connection as I was at a resort. STILL I kept getting charge alerts!! 

5:16am the next morning - I got an alert that my account has $1129.69 of international roaming .

-The following day Friday 5.15 am the mobile account had$1258.74 
-The next day Sat  1.37 PM  the alert said I had $1500 charges in international roaming , then another alert that it was $ 1400 and then another that it was $1693.16 and then the last one that it was $1300.It went  up and down the entire three days, ending with $1818.16. 
The last few days of my travel I felt completely stranded and unable to connect with my family which was very stressful and nerve wrecking .All of the other US travellers whose phone I was using to make calls to let I family know I was safe had their phones working fine with  providers like T Mobile and AT&T. My phone was useless and every time I had to turn on my phone at the airport to access my travel details , immigration forms or show them my destination of stay during the visit I was seeing these charges .
I was in flight Sat-Sun and then Sun -Monday travelling to the US. 
When I reached out to the Xfinity help center as soon as I was in the US, they were completely unhelpful and provided not only a fake email to send my complaint to: "we_can_help@cable.comcast.com", but wasted hours and hours of my time bouncing between over 10 representatives who could not answer any of my questions.
This has been the most unreliable and frustrating mobile service I have ever had- and the customer service has been hugely disappointing so far. 
I am left with a $1800 bill now for bogus charges, and no representative willing to resolve this issue for me. 
With the customer service I've experienced so far, I'll have to make sure that all my friends and family steer clear of Xfinity services and find another more responsive and reliable provider like T-Mobile, if no one gets back to me about this. 
Shocked and disappointed for such unprofessionalism from such a major company like Xfinity. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

6 months ago

Hello user_3131, I hope you had a pleasurable trip aside from these mobile issues and that negative feeling that it left with you. I can definitely see how that would cause a ton of stress while you were abroad, and I have your back to get to the bottom of this. You've come to the right place for help, and I'll stick with you all the way through. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

2 Messages

I have done this, message sent.

Please advise on the next steps

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Excellent @user_3131 we look forward to working with you, and will follow up on that 1-1 thread shortly. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

3 months ago

What happened on this this happened to me?! 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_4goj7y, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the charge, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here