U

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Friday, January 19th, 2024 4:02 AM

Closed

Cell phone promotion offer supposed to be associated with affordability connectivity program.

I was signing up for the affordability connectivity program with Xfinity Internet. My Internet provider Xfinity, upon signing up for that program, they pitched  a sale promotion on a Google 7 phone that was to be covered by the remaining monies of my $30 allotted amount towards the ACP. The agent with the ACP division pitched this offer I was hesitant to do it very hesitant. She said all I would have to pay was $42 and the rest of it would be covered because they had just taken all the information and it and it was accepted with Xfinity through the national verifier and I did in fact have the ACP program activated at that time and so I agreed yes I'll try to Google seven because I don't currently pay a cell phone bill as it is free for me right now through q link. So I was mailed a phone based on the agreement that she had me sign and the verbal agreement that everything was going to be covered and everything was already transferred and taken care of and I wouldn't receive a bill. I just had to keep the phone for the two years on the program which was fine because it was scheduled out for longer than that the program to win she made it sound like it was just the easy peasy shoe in and everything was great and everything was in order and don't worry.    $15.99 a month for 24 months and that would be covered with the ACP money which she just told me was accepted on August 27 2023.  Xfinity removed $42 and some odd cents to cover the initial activation fee which I paid for. So a month goes by and I receive a bill from Xfinity I had no idea that I was not even signed up with the ACP program because she told me that I was this is when everything went south. It took me 3 months to figure out what was wrong what needed to be fixed who was going to fix it and in between this time I'm getting more bills for the cell phone I used it for the time frame until I got that first bill so I called customer service and I said cancel that phone I'm not paying for something I'm not using not using it anymore I'm not going to use it and then the gentleman told me this was roughly September end of September 2023 keep the phone don't don't do anything with it I said should I take it back in because I'm not going to use this and this is not going the right way he said you might as well keep it because your program's going to go through and he redid it again for me we verified it supposedly everything looked good on their side again same thing happened it was not in fact on there they didn't correct the middle name my middle name was in the Xfinity account it should not have been because of national verifier did not in fact have my middle name it has the match exactly the same to be authorized for the affordability connectivity program this went on like this for another month and a half to two months I'm getting bills incessantly from I called and told them specifically in the billing department to cancel that cell phone shut it off shut it off and I'm not paying those bills because that's not what I signed up for that's not what I agreed to then the next thing I get it November for December for $500 some odd dollars for the phone now they're charging me for the Google phone that I was told to keep until this phone sale promotion can connect to the ACP Again I said should I bring it in and the gentleman Martin that I spoke with in the billing department I was crying cuz I was so frustrated and every time I call Xfinity on the phone for like 2 to 3 hours, being told no you can't speak to my manager he's going to tell you the same thing. And I quote that. Twice it just happened again today and Martin proceeded doing for me don't worry man we'll take the 500 it but it's not going to we're just going to make sure you can't see that they said I can't even see that what you're saying but I'd like to then they're basically tell me I'm lying I said I'm looking at my bill email text message right now saying that you guys want $500 on my statements and he says no no that's not right he goes I'll make sure that you don't have to see that he goes I don't know why that's on there but and I said well I'm going to the store to bring this phone back and he said well if that's what you want to do you can do that but you don't want to wait for the program it's up to you he said so we'll try it again in a low and behold we did it one more time and it did not work so I said he mentioned to go he said to go into the store Xfinity store have them take off my name because they couldn't do it online I had to go in a person and show him an ID okay this is getting dumber by the minute and so I went in there on Christmas Eve does poor girl that was working there was dealing with about three people with something similar to this even more heinous and it was actually everybody in there was livid she gets to me finally and she says I don't even see a charge on here so he must have taken it off so you can get this program sign up she goes here I'm taking the middle name off and she goes so when you get back home you sign up for it yourself online and then you'll get an email within a 24 hours saying that you are accepted or not she goes and you should be she also just keep the phone and then have it activated again and I was like okay this is making some more sense so I get home I sign up for it I get an email the next day saying you congratulations you are now connected with Xfinity for the affordability connectivity program so I'm like great okay good finally the nightmare is over I was so happy I was just elated that I didn't have to deal with this issue of 3 hours for five six phone calls I had to do over 3 months being hung up on being transferred being toyed with being made a joke out of being laughed at being told to hang on for hours, it was the most horrific experience that I've had to compare to even a domestic assault situation I was in I'm not and I'm not even kidding. So I'm thinking I'm going to wait a month to make sure that they start doing these credits as stated and based on the past experiences I had to be sure before I made a commitment to this again because it was a nightmare and I was just going to cancel all of it and transfer it over to q Link who I have service with right now for free. So in between Christmas and last week of January 2024 I received something in the mail stating from collections that they have a $500 bill from Xfinity that I have to pay for the phone so they sent it to collections before I even had a chance to get this signed back up and transfer everything over. I am beyond words I'm beyond frustrated I called customer service today January 18th, 2024 it was on the phone again for 3 hours to the point of tears listening to a girl listening to me it was saying nothing but I'm sorry you're going to have to pay the bill because you signed the contract and when you canceled that then you were responsible for it in the promotion ended. What [Edited: "Language"]! Are you talking about did I just go through that [Edited: "Inflammatory"] too over 3 months for nothing and nobody informed me if none of that and so Martin when he said no worries no worries we're going to take care of it so you don't see it and then because it's not you don't have to pay that don't worry don't worry don't worry we'll fix it we'll fix it he fixed it already sent it to collections I am sick to my stomach frankly I sat on the phone with this girl from the Dominican Republic I can't remember her name is but her boss's name is Elvis [Edited: "Personal Information"] and I couldn't speak to him he would not get on the phone with me she finally after 3 hours of me crying and saying that this is so unfair I didn't sign up for this this is not the agreement that I signed up for this is Ludacris why would I pay for a phone when I've got one for free and I still have the phone I try to give it back I tried to I did everything reasonable expectation on my part to show good faith in trying to get to solve I did xfinity's job the whole way through the girl at the store did her job after 3 months of just trying to get the program for one name in my middle name that could have just been deleted and they didn't even see that when we double check the information I couldn't believe it then I'll now I'm in a collections my credit's going to take a hit because I know I owe $500 on the phone I didn't even use then in the box still here that they told me to just hang on to until I want to connect with this phone calls with me none of it and in my bill it's clearly states and all the notes that anybody put in was she's not connected to the affordability program not why not what they told me not anything why would I make this up why would I why would I hang on to a phone and then I don't want the phone I'm willing to give it back they won't take the phone. I am beyond frustrated I don't even know what to say I'm canceling my service I'm transferring everything to q Link but not in before that something is resolved with this and I've I've never experienced anything frustrating bar none my whole life and I work the customer service when I was younger and I work for paralegal and for 20 years in law offices and I know contracts and I know that they resended the contract first by lying and saying that I was a member of the affordability connectivity program on August 27th, 2023 and in fact I was not and they went forward with the sale they went forward with his drawing money off of my account and that is criminal and I wanted to be reimbursed and I want that money put back on a collections I want that withdrawn and rescinded and I want my account closed and I want nothing more to do with this [Edited: "Language"] company!

they were supposed to be crediting my internet Wifi phone itself I don't have to pay just an initial $42 which I paid for and then I started seeing a bill coming and so I called and I said cancel this I'm not paying for a phone that was supposed to be covered for free what happened then they said well you didn't get the affordability program connected I said well that's not what they told me when they told me the phone cuz we went over it on the phone and she said congratulations and they said no you're supposed to see an email so that went on for about three months and I told them over and over to cancel the phone I'm not paying for something then they said well you signed a contract so when you canceled it then it went to resend the whole agreement that you had and I said that was never told to me they told me to go into the store and fix the information cuz my middle name was missing for the national verifier on my Xfinity account and they kept telling me on the phone no worries no worries we got it we'll get it to go through they never did so I finally went into the store on December 24th after talking with the billing guy cuz then I've received the bill for $500 on my phone that I still have waiting to get this program going and did my part for the contract the you know keep the phone and try to get this fix their problem that they screwed up and then they sent the bill to collections so the $500 billing collections on a phone I didn't use for more than a week which I canceled after I found out that Xfinity lied and said the program was active which it wasn't I am so [Edited: "Language"] I talked to customer service again today for three and a half hours in the Dominican Republic and she basically told me that they had couldn't do nothing that I had to pay for it it's my problem I almost had a heart attack I said I want to talk to your manager and she said his name is Elvis [Edited: "Personal Information"] but he's going to tell you the same thing I'm telling you I am so beyond frustrated where do you go with this what do you do I don't know what to do so I said I want to answer this is not my fault it's an error on your sales department they shouldn't be selling [Edited: "Language"] that isn't even activated to get the sale because then all of this other stuff starts to occur and I'm not paying for a phone I have a phone through q Link that's free I didn't even want to sign up for this phone and I was going to transfer my service to Xfinity thank God I didn't and I still have the phone I was trying to when I went into the store and XFinity and Blaine Minnesota to get the ACP figured out she said that that bill is off of your account I don't even see a 500 dollar charge as soon as I take your middle name off you're going to go back home and reapply and it's going to go on the ACP program sure enough it finally went on and December 24th I started this in August 27th of 2023 it's absolutely Ludacris something needs to happen and something needs to change nobody's accountable they don't know anything their notes that anybody else put in there nobody kept logs of all of the stories they told me about don't worry don't worry I'll take care of it none of that happened yeah Mr Martin from Dominican Republic the billing department took care of it! he sent it to collections!!! that's how he took care of it he never told me that it was going to go to collections when I cancel my service 2 months prior to that for just the phone because I was still trying to get them to get the national verifier information correct with their account name on my account something so simple something so small something so easily corrected I have to pay $50?  I have an affordability connectivity program for a reason! because I am on a low income! this is absolutely criminal! something needs to be done about this!I'm sick to my stomach! My credit is going to take a hit that I worked 4 years to build back up after being in a domestic abuse relationship and fighting for my life and scraping and scrapping to get through! Ability no accountability by anybody in that whole [Edited: "Language"] company they don't care if you live or die they said they can't do nothing about it yes you did you did it you better figure out something to do about it cuz it's your fault! I've wasted upwards of 15 hours of my time on the phone with [Edited: "Inflammatory"] and it's they don't do anything they think it's a joke and they don't do their job at all!!  it's the worst [Edited: "Language"] poor customer service I've ever experienced in my [Edited: "Language"] life and Comcast needs [Edited: "Language/Inflammatory"]! They took my money fast they took that real quick they figured that out they've got that down to well [Edited: "Language"] science there's no air there none at all zero zilch they've got that perfected for them to send this thing to collections about me getting any notice any any any indication I did my reasonable good faith effort to uphold my end of the contract in spite of doing their job and in spite of all the setbacks and in spite of their poor customer service being ignored and and mocked and wasted my time in terrible terrible stress and then I'm going to have I don't even know what to say anymore. Somebody please give me some advice I really really need it. I will give the phone back!  I don't want the phone!  it's in the box! I activated the phone so that the promotion would start as she indicated however I used it so sparingly until I saw that bill and then the nightmare began. This whole thing is absolutely criminal.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

8 months ago

Sorry about the repetitive story but that's how this affects me it makes me absolutely anxious and depressed so I'm sorry for the long read but that's about how long this whole nightmare feels in real time

Official Employee

• 

787 Messages

user_voiiqj Can I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

8 months ago

I want to talk to a person who wants somebody to call me at [Edited: "Personal Information"] immediately from this dedicated customer service team that is the most [Edited: "Inflammatory"]. [Edited: "Solicitation"]

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Sent my bill that I wasn't supposed to ever receive to collections!!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here