U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, March 1st, 2023 10:13 PM

Closed

Cell phone does not connect to cellular network after disconnecting from WIFI

When my cell is connected to WIFI everything works fine. When WIFI is disconnected (leave area or WIFI goes does down) cell doesn't connect to cellular network and I'm getting "Service not available" errors.  If at this moment I'm on a call - this call gets dropped.  Sometimes it connects to cellular after 3-5min, sometimes I need to restart phone to get connected to cellular. Very annoying and unreliable. Happens on Motorola and Google pixel phones so it's not HW dependent.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

We've had the same issue for weeks now. Xfinity support doesn't seem to have a solution. From my own research, I think the prime suspect is the Carrier Services app at Google Playstore.

I did find a workaround. It is not perfect but it is simple - turn on Airplane mode and turn it off. Apparently the action gets the phone to look for a cell connection immediately. Of course this should have happened automatically as it used to. But someone must have broken the software.

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

I am glad you were able to find a workaround, @user_69bbbc, but we want things working properly. Have you been in further contact with the Xfinity Mobile team about this or do you have a ticket opened to address it? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

232 Messages

2 years ago

Hello, @user_a48572. I can definitely understand how frustrating and annoying that would be. It looks like @user_69bbbc had a pretty good workaround. Did that work for you?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityCam​ Ill try the workaround and post results

Official Employee

• 

232 Messages

2 years ago

Sounds like a plan!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

My wife and I both have been having this issue since December 2022. We've tried calling support and going into the store to fix it. Support said it could be old sim cards so send us new ones, that seemed to make the problem worse. There are instances where turning on airplane mode does work, but it doesn't always work and requires a full restart to solve the problem. On extremely rare instances restarting doesn't work and it requires a second restart to work. 

The Xfinity store employee told us he can't see a problem and we should try calling from one phone when the issue is occuring on the other phone. I tried that, was directed to the online assistant before I could speak to a human, and then got to the point where the online assistant would have a human call me. That was on May 28th and I still haven't received that call, and the problem continues unaddressed. 

Problem Solver

• 

322 Messages

@user_edfb0c Have you been in contact with our Xfinity Mobile department recently to get this taken care of? Are you still unable to connect to the cellular network?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

We are having the same issue.  My Galaxy S9 was doing this so we decided to upgrade our phone to the Galaxy 23Ultra. Still are having this issue. 

Airplane mode is nice,  but not the solution. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here