calbear88's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Sunday, September 15th, 2024 7:10 PM

can't upgrade a phone (have 10 lines) because website says I am over the total number of lines.

Hi, I currently have 10 lines on my xfinity mobile account.  All the phones are fully paid off.  When I try to upgrade one of the phones, I can't seem to add it to my cart when shopping on the xfinity website.  I get a message. " "You’re over the total number of lines available to you. A line is needed for each device added to your plan. You’ll need to remove one or more devices from your cart to continue."

I think the system thinks I'm trying to add an 11th phone line, but I'm actually upgrading an existing line.  When shopping for the phone, I selected  that I am upgrading an existing line,  and then I see the message to "Select which device you would like to upgrade", and picked an existing line with a paid off phone..  It then gives the errors message and  won’t let me add the phone to the cart.  I tried chatting with an agent who said they don't see that error on their system and that I could try purchasing a phone with agent assistance.  

I see that others have had this problem on the xfinity forums, and an agent needed to make some configuration changes to their account to resolve it.

I was wondering if my account can be fixed so that I could add a phone to upgrade an existing line on the website?

Thanks so much.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 days ago

Hello @calbear88, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here