D

Saturday, December 2nd, 2023 3:48 AM

Can’t Get a Deal to Upgrade my Phone

I have been an Xfinity Mobile Customer for 3 years now. My existing iPhone is starting to show its age. I have contacted customer service and stopped at the local Xfinity store and have been toldes that none of deals are for existing customers. Only way to get a new phone is to pay full price.

I have an offer from Verizon to get a new phone and have a better offer from T-Mobile. Still Xfinity Mobile will not help out a loyal customer.

If you are thinking about switching don’t. They will make you feel all happy and good day 1 but 3 years later they could care less about you.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

6 months ago

Hi, @David7979. Thank you so much for taking the time to create a post and provide your feedback. I understand that you weren't able to find a promotion as an existing customer which, from personal experience, I know can be a bit frustrating. Like our residential services, certain promotions are reserved for new customers or those adding a new line of business. 
We are limited on access to your Xfinity Mobile Account here on Forums, and we do recommend reaching out to our experts again to see if there may be other options available. You can reach them by texting or calling 1 (888) 936-4968. You can also chat with an expert here https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile here. Let me know if you have trouble reaching them directly. 

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

@David7979, I'm sorry to hear that you have not been able to get the proper assistance with this Xfinity Mobile upgrade concern. This is never the experience we strive for our customers to receive, and we certainly do not want to lose you as a customer. Since Xfinity Mobile support is currently limited with us on this platform, the best level of support would be reaching out via 

any of the following methods: 

Have you attempted to reach out to them through all of these support methods? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

Having the same issue. I agree not worth the change over. Very frustrating.

1 Message

Having same issue   Need to upgrade my phone. Was not happy that I couldn’t upgrade my phone doesn’t have capacity I need. Feel like even though explained what I needed was bamboozled!!!! Feel like like employees are not educated enough.very unhappy!!!!

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

@user_6c9kgb I am sorry you are not happy with your current phone. I know I had the same issue with my previous phone not fitting my needs. Have you checked the trade in value of your phone? The link: https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/learn/trade-ins will assist you in finding the value. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

3 months ago

David you are completely right! I have been a mobile customer for 2 years and an Xfinity internet customer for double that amount of time and I have 4 lines, all paid off devices and two of those lines I need replacement devices for.. they have no deals for existing customers why would I shell out over $2000 for two new devices when I’m getting offers to switch elsewhere for 4 new phones, same monthly price, and walk out the door spending less than $500..? Makes no sense. Needless to say, I’m spending my day off today switching my internet and mobile services.

Official Employee

• 

480 Messages

@David7979 Hello, I am happy to be of assistance. Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

Same issues here.  Switched to Xfinity and brought our own phones (4).  Never got new phones with this company.  Been waiting for iPhone 15 deals and they never have them for existing customers.  Competitors such as Verizon have a great deal to pay $700 for each phone we have.  Xfinity is a rip-off with $245.  I'm trying to stay here but they treat current customers second hand to new customers.  With the same phone upgrade, I would pay $416/month here or $303 at Verizon.  

2 Messages

3 months ago

No incentive at all to stay as customer, they just want new customers. Thinking about switching back to AT&T with our multi line account.

2 Messages

3 months ago

Also it says upgrade eligible and then when you click on it there’s no upgrade incentive at all!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you for reaching out. While our team can help with a wide variety of concerns, due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform--this includes billing, sales, device questions, etc. For all Xfinity Mobile related questions please contact Xfinity Mobile by calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reach out to a Secure Online Chat. )

1 Message

3 months ago

I was told I need to do a credit check In order to see if im eligible for an upgrade 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

No upgrades for current customers. It seems they don’t care about customer satisfaction when it comes to upgrades. Will be switching if no deals next month!

1 Message

I have been giving them almost a year and a half to offer current customer upgrades.  Still nothing I check every month and talk with cs and have been to the actual store.  I'm currently looking for a new provider and have been their customer for over 10 years cable internet and once mobile available.  They are aware and do not care. Wish you luck!!

2 Messages

28 days ago

Yep I have been checking for months and no upgrade deals for my existing phone, only upgrade deals if I add a line or become a new customer.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

19 days ago

That's really funny cause I just got 2 new phones a few months ago without paying full price.  S24 plus basically 20 bucks a month after the monthly credit. 

1 Message

18 days ago

I am considering leaving Xfinity for the same reason. We have 3 lines and all of us need new phones. To trade in a iPhone 11 Pro max they are offering $150. Which is nothing. If I switch to Verizon we can all get new phone for a fraction of the cost. Going to swing by my local Verizon store on the way home. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_tv3rwe, thanks for reaching out to share your experience and express your concerns. While our team is limited with mobile accounts over this platform, we are glad to take a look at this in more detail and help however we can. To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging. Once there, type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list to send us a message with your full name and address.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here