Terry0327's profile

Contributor

• 

209 Messages

Sunday, March 19th, 2023 7:46 PM

Closed

Can you keep Xfinity Mobile Service when cancelling Xfinity Internet and TV

I was told when ordering new Mobile Phones that I could switch my Xfinity Internet and TV services to another carrier if I found something that better fits my needs and it would have no affect on my Mobile Services. I remember at one time there was a $25 fee per line change if you didn't have Xfinity Internet or TV services. The rep I was ordering from had no idea what I was talking about. Does anyone from Xfinity know the correct answer. Thanks

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.8K Messages

1 year ago

​... at one time there was a $25 fee per line change if you didn't have Xfinity Internet or TV services. ...

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/xfinity-service-cancellation-details says there still is:

If you've moved and your new address doesn't qualify for Xfinity Internet, Xfinity Voice or Xfinity TV, or you cancel these services for any reason, you'll see a $25/month fee per line on future Xfinity Mobile bills.

That's a tad ambiguous unfortunately. I take it to mean that you owe the fee if you don't keep at least one of Xfinity Internet, Voice, or TV.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

209 Messages

@BruceW​ Thanks I read that article before I posted. It was written 11 months ago. I bought my phones 4 or 5 months ago and was told there was no extra fee for Xfinity Mobile if I cancelled Xfinity Internet or TV Service. 

This is what it appears to me.   I received a great deal on cells phones which discounted them $400 each. You can't buy them at the discounted price but must place them on a 24 month contract that discounts each payment by $16.66 a month. Great deal till your renewal for TV comes up and they want to increase your rate by $30 per month which is $70 more than you can get the same services with faster internet with another carrier.

So you cancel Xfinity and go with the other carrier and your Xfinity Mobile goes up $75  a month. You cancel Xfinity Mobile and they charge you the rest of the $400 discount per phone which would be somewhere in the $600 range exit charge..

When I bought these phones I would have never agreed to a deal where I was tied to a TV and Internet with a penalty of $75 a month if I changed Internet providers.  It was not disclosed to me when I bought the phones and was told they never heard of this penalty.

This is the reason I need a current and up to date answer but thanks for an answer.

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

1 year ago

@Terry0327

Thank you for reaching out to us via our Xfinity Community Forums! You have some great questions about our Xfinity Mobile service. For security reasons, we are very limited with the support we can provide our Xfinity Mobile customers via this platform.  I understand you can already called Xfinity Mobile and did not receive the answers to your questions. For help with your Xfinity Mobile account, please chat with our Xfinity Mobile experts 24/7 at https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile&linkId=181546677.

When do you think you’ll be able to get in touch with them? I would love to follow up with you afterwards to make sure you were taken care of.

Contributor

• 

209 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you but the link you provided is an automated Xfinity Assistant  It does not provide answers to questions but only post articles that does not address my question.

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

1 year ago

You'll request an agent through the Xfinity Mobile Assistant for assistance with your questions. 

Please let us know the outcome to your questions!

Contributor

• 

209 Messages

@XfinityElizabethA​ OK, I did request a call back through the link and a nice lady called me on my cell. I explained my question and she had to ask someone and stated there would not be a $25 a month charge per line if I cancelled Internet and TV and decided to keep Xfinity Mobile. She did not seem real sure and I am not totally confident in this answer. I will go to my local Xfinity store in the next couple of days and see what they say.

Official Employee

• 

330 Messages

No problem. Please let us know if you need help with anything else, we are always here. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

1 year ago

Pricing & Other Info

Restrictions apply. Not available in all areas. Xfinity Mobile requires residential post-pay Xfinity Internet. Line limitations may apply. Equip., intl. and roaming charges, taxes and fees, including reg. recovery fees, and other charges extra, and subj. to change. $25/line/mo. charge applies if Xfinity TV, Internet or Voice post-pay services not maintained. Pricing subject to change. In times of congestion, Unlimited Intro and Unlimited Plus data may be temporarily slower than other traffic. Reduced speeds after use of monthly data included with your data option. Data thresholds and savings may vary. For Xfinity Mobile Broadband Disclosures visit:  www.xfinity.com/mobile/policies/broadband-disclosures.
Just keep your Xfinity Internet!

Contributor

• 

160 Messages

1 year ago

The $25 a month if you don't have Xfinity internet has always been disclosed so I don't know how anyone could miss it. You don't have to keep cable... I canceled mine a long time ago. 

Contributor

• 

209 Messages

1 year ago

There use to be no charge per Xfinity Mobile Line if you cancelled Xfinity Internet. Then it went to $10, then $20, and now $25.  It all depends on when you first opened your Xfinity Mobile Account.   I opened when Iphone 7's were the latest Iphone. At least that is what I was told by Xfinity.

Contributor

• 

160 Messages

1 year ago

That's just not true. I opened my the day they opened for business and have been with them going on 9 yrs in April. They would not allow you to sign up if you didn't have internet... and if you canceled it was always an extra $25 a month if you were going to keep the mobile. This is just one of the articles about them that I have bookmarked.

Contributor

• 

209 Messages

1 year ago

You might be right but right now I am going with what the people I pay my bill tell me MY Account Requires.  I have been with Xfinity since 1986 and signed up with Xfinity Mobile around 2017 in Marietta Ga.  Anyway, if I cancel I will have it in writing or I will cancel the Mobile account as well when the phones are paid off.

This is where I got the fee increase part:

5. Canceling Xfinity Internet Triggers an Additional Fee

Xfinity Mobile doesn’t normally charge a line access fee, but you will face a $25 a month fee per line if you don’t maintain either Xfinity Internet, Xfinity Voice or Xfinity TV service.

For example, the $25 a month per line fee will be assessed even if you move to a location where Xfinity Internet isn’t offered.

Xfinity Mobile’s line access fee has increased over time. It used to be $10 per line, then $20 and now $25. You can remain an Xfinity Internet, Xfinity Voice or Xfinity TV customer to avoid the penalty.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

The Xfinity mobile fee policy seems ambiguous.  It states:

"$25/line/mo. charge applies if Xfinity TV, Internet or Voice post-pay services not maintained."  (Note use of the word "or").

Does this mean you need to maintain any one of three services to keep the preferred rate?

Can I cancel internet while keeping TV, and still maintain my current rate?

It seems you need to have internet to initially get discounted mobile, but can drop internet later if you have at least one other active Xfinity service.

Can the experts clarify?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

Has anyone had experience maintaining only TV and mobile while keeping the lower mobile rate?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

They never disclosed it to me either, and I have the contract....it isn't written.  Additionally, when I called to cancel in January the rep told me that they could match the price of mint mobile, but he lied.   Found out when I got my bill, the other customer service reps said that isn't a plan the offer, but I'm locked in a contract with penalties.  This is highly illegal, I know the calls are recorded as required by federal law.  The bait and switch this company holds is insane, i cannot believe this company has not been shut down. 

Further, I had their internet services and paying for top speed but only clocking MAX 50 mbps.  Called 11 months ago to increase, they got me a new promo for $25 supposed to include an xFi pod that was never given to me. I've had 8 phone calls since then, clocking in at over TEN HOURS, and nothing.   They said they will send one for next month, but too bad on overcharging me. 

At this point I am on hold on my ninth call, duration of call is 1 hour and 22 minutes and no resolution.  My attorney is drafting forms to start a lawsuit.   Breach of Contract and Misleading Sales Practices.    Good luck if you remain with them; it's the most unethical company i have ever had the displeasure of doing business with in my 38 years.   

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Hello @user_37da91, and thank you for posting and sharing your experience. I can understand how frustrating this may be and wanted to clarify there is a $25 fee per line if Xfinity Internet, Xfinity Voice, or Xfinity TV service is not maintained. You can find this information here

In regard to your home internet speeds, I'd be happy to investigate the speed issues you're having. Please send a direct message with your name and service address to "Xfinity Support" by clicking on the "Direct Messaging" chat icon in the top right corner of the page, then click on the pen and pad icon and enter "Xfinity Support" in the "To" section of the chat. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here