Anon2's profile

Contributor

• 

129 Messages

Saturday, June 18th, 2022 3:24 PM

Closed

Can I swap sims (and, as a result, phone numbers) between my two Xfinity Mobile phones?

I have a Moto phone that I bought from Xfinity, and an iPhone that I brought to Xfinity.

If I want to answer the phone number that "lives" on the Moto on the iPhone, from now on - can I just swap the sims?

(I haven't actually looked to be sure that the card sizes are the same, but if they are, does this work?)

Accepted Solution

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

2 years ago

The answer is a definite MAYBE! Part of the problem is that because XM uses Verizon, which used 3G CDMA which is still in the process of being phased out by the end of the year, your phones may still be provisioned for CDMA.

First of all, unlock both of your phones if not already unlock. On the iPhone, go into Settings, General, About, and check the Carrier Lock for any SIM Restrictions. If any restrictions, call or text XM and ask them to unlock the phone. Do the same for the Moto. You may have to have XM make the phone CDMA-less?

Once both phones are unlocked you should be able to power down both phones and switch SIMs, however certain functions like voicemail and visual voicemail that work differently on iOS and Android may be a problem and require subsequent help from XM.

Do so at your own risk. You can always switch the SIMs back if things don’t work out. Good Luck!

Contributor

• 

129 Messages

@DaveO3​   Thanks - I'll do as much of this as I'm comfortable with, and then will call Xfinity if I get stuck.  Appreciate it!

Official Employee

• 

993 Messages

You're more than welcome! Thanks for replying back! I know you will be in phenomenal hands with our Xfinity support experts! We are here 24.7 if you need anything more! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

993 Messages

2 years ago

Hello and thanks for reaching out to our Community for assistance! This is a great question! Have you had the opportunity to reach out to our expert Xfinity Mobile team? There are two ways you can contact them, Via phone at 1 (888) 936-4968, you can also text this same number for mobile support.

We have Chat support at : https://comca.st/3xIb6PY;

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

2 years ago

Save you iPhone voicemail as follows:

Learn about Visual Voicemail on your Apple® iPhone® .
  1. From a Home screen, tap the. Phone app. . ...
  2. Tap. Voicemail. .
  3. Tap the desired voicemail message then tap the. Share icon. .
  4. Choose 'Add to Notes' or 'Save to Files' then save the voicemail.
  5. To share the voicemail, select a preferred method (e.g., Messages, Mail or AirDrop).

Contributor

• 

129 Messages

@DaveO3​ Thanks, but I'd be looking to "mass save" the messages - too many to do one at a time.  I know I can iTunes back them up, supposedly - but then I couldn't "restore" them to the other phone.  And, quite honestly - after testing the swap, I'm concerned about what else gets wiped out that I wasn't looking for!

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

Do a Google search or App search for voicemail Apps. Good Luck. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here