U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, January 28th, 2022 3:03 AM

Closed

Can I get government Lifeline PHONE support through xfinity cellphone service? If so, how, EXACTLY, would I go about applying?

Can I get government Lifeline PHONE support through xfinity cellphone service? If so, how, EXACTLY, would I go about applying?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

3 years ago

Hi there @user_LoMoEast, thank you so much for reaching out to us today about the government lifeline. At this time we do not have any cellphone discount with the life line government program. 

At this time we only have the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).

The federal Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a longer-term replacement for the federal Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB). ACP is designed to help lower-income households connect to the Internet and stay connected. The program provides eligible customers of participating broadband providers up to a $30/month ($75/month for Tribal lands) credit toward Internet service for the duration of the program. It will last for as long as the Federal Government funds the Program, which is expected to be several years. The amount of the credit depends on the rate for the Internet service selected.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityRoberto​ I think you're the only employee at Comcast who understands that the LifeLine program and the ACP benefit are separate and knows what LifeLine even is. Your response here answered the question I had too. Thank you for not making up an answer like other employees seem to.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Oh…Ok. Well, it would be better if Xfinity joined the phone program because some folks need help paying for those as well. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for your feedback, @user_LoMoEast! If there are any additional government programs in the future, we'll be sure to let our customers know :). We are available here 24/7, even on holidays, so please reach out to us if you ever need anything in the future. You can also manage your account, troubleshoot, and get help through the Xfinity app. You can find more information here: https://comca.st/3sjLSoD. Thank you for your continued loyalty and I hope you have a great rest of your day! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here