U

7 Messages

Thursday, September 7th, 2023 7:27 PM

Closed

Being charged $10,400 for roaming services! Beware!

I was charged over 10k for two days of using the "Global Travel Pass" that apparently does not cover the entire "globe". I passed through a non-covered zone for two days and I had no idea that Global Travel pass did not serve all countries (how could I know? such a misleading service!). They usually send text messages for everything, but they don't send a text message that says "you are entering on a non-covered zone and you will be charged this much money for mb used". 

As I was volunteering in Angola with my boss, my service was so bad that I could not even use WhatsApp or social media. I had to use my boss' phone all the time. Now, coming back to the U.S., I realized they charged me $5.200k per day, for a service that I did not sign up for, was not aware of, and did not get notified to. AND that ended up did not using it because the service was so bad. 

They cut my services on August 18th for lack of payment (that's when I realized I had this huge bill), and I opened an investigation with them. They said they would give me an answer within 3-7 business day. They advised me to postpone the bill to the following month to have my services back so they could contact me with updates. I have not heard from them up to this day and unfortunately, they bill is past due and I am about to have my services cut again.

I have spent over 10 hours on the phone so far, trying to reach out to the right department and get a solution for my problem. However, every agent makes me explain the entire story over and over and they transfer me to a different agent that makes me do the same thing.

I want to have the direct email so I can have a lawyer contact  this department on my behalf to work with them to remove this charging as I am not paying for a service this high, that did not work and that I did not sign up to use. 

I don't have time to spend on calls with people who can't solve my problem and have no power to do anything about this situation. Please help me directly contact someone who is interested in solving this problem and have the power to solve it in the best way possible.

No one should be paying Over 10k for 2 days of non-used services. For all of you reading this, run away from xfinity mobile, I came here because it was the cheapest service and I ended up having such a headache that is costing me nights of sleep and hours wasted on the phone. I hope it does not cost me this much money too!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 year ago

Hi there, @user_4a796f ! Thank you so much for reaching your Digital Care team. Thank you for your patience while you waited to connect with me. I'm very sorry for the inconvience, I'll be more than happy to look further into Xfinity Mobile billing concerns. Please be assured you reached the right person to assist you. Can you please send me a DM with your first and last name along with your full service address so that I can assist you further?-

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon 
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it

7 Messages

I want to inform that I have now spent about 20 hours on the phone trying to reach the department who is responsible for my case investigation. Today, I was trying to get an update, after more than 3 hours on the phone, an agent offered me to do a "repayment plan" which I said NO. I said I don't agree with this charge and I want to know more about the investigation. I also requested to remove my credit card from autopay. None of the requests I made were followed.

I just opened my email and saw an email saying "thanks for setting up the repayment plan" This was without my consent!!!

Every time I try to connect with an agent to solve my case, it keeps getting worse and worse. I honestly don't know what I else I can do. Please send me the written case against me and all the recordings as well as a direct email so I can ask my lawyer to contact Xfinity.

7 Messages

Please just give me a direct email for me to contact the department that is taking care of this investigation.

7 Messages

Xfinity mobile keeps trying to charge my card with this amount of money over and over again even though there is an investigation opened. I asked the agents to remove my card from autopay and they did not do it. They said the only option they have is to add a new card but they can't remove or cancel auto pay. I also don't see this option available for me through the portal. I feel trapped. I am being charged an amount of money that does not make any sense, I have no way of contacting the people who can actually solve my problem, I can't remove my card from the account, and they forced me a repayment plan that I said "no" to. 

Every time I call xfinity, I have to go through 3-8 different agents that ask the same questions and say they have no power to do anything. Every attempt to call it is at least a 3-hour call that I need to deal with. 

I have not given proper attention to my kids lately because I need to be on the phone. It's just frustrating. 

Xfinity services are misleading and they work on our back to make decisions on our behalf  (like turning on a service you did not request to, setting up a repayment plan with me clearly saying no to), I don't know what to do anymore. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_4a796f​ why didn’t you just port the number to another carrier? 

2 Messages

11 months ago

I am facing the same problem, I got charged 11700$ for roaming charges while my phone was not in use. It was totally turned off. I have been calling every week about it without any progress, getting transferred from one person to another. They are useless and unprofessional. This company has the worst customer service ever. 

2 Messages

11 months ago

I am facing the same problem. I got charged 11700$ for roaming charges for 2 weeks while the phone was totally shut off and not in use. I have been calling about this issue every week and they keep saying its under investigation until my account got suspended and the case was not resolved yet. This company has the worst customer service ever. They are useless and unprofessional. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

We are sorry to hear about the frustration situation @user_afmb9f. We'd be happy to get a ticket submitted over to our executive mobile team to further assist. To get started, can you please send us a Direct Message with your name and the service address on the account? To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message: Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

We look forward to working with you.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Did you guys solved the problem?

I am having same issues with them right now and they want to send my debt to collection which will impact my credit score.

This is unfair!! The costumer service sucks!

1 Message

9 months ago

Hi.  

The same situation is happening to me. I went to Nepal for approximately 12 days. Now they are charging me $9,000. It's on the verge of ruining many things in my life. Did you ever have any success? I'm having no luck. I just keep getting pushed around to different departments, and then they will even say the last department I talked to doesn't exist! It's wild. And horrible. Maybe we could join forces? 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_v2rz36 - Thanks for leaving a comment with your shared mobile concerns. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've had and would love to help in any way that I can! Since Xfinity Mobile support is limited for our Digital Care Team via social media, we ask that you reach directly out (by call or text) to our Xfinity Mobile Sales and Service team at 1-888-936-4968 for further assistance with your mobile device. You may also use our Secure Online Chat where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7! Out of curiosity, which methods have you tried so far?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

8 months ago

I'm also having the same issue. Only $1400.00 but my 3rd line was not activated with the travel pass and now I'm being charged this outrageous amount. Today the manager was going to discount $100 and ask me to make payments for a year. Why would I only activate two of the three line? They should credit me the unjust amount in order to retain me as a customer.

1 Message

7 months ago

This seems to be a repetitive issue with XFinity.  Went to Guinea a few weeks ago.  When i arrived at my layover in France on the way I received a text stating I could up for Global Pass.  I was on my way to Guinea and had good wifi access at the time so I waited until I got to Guinea.  At that time I recieved a text stating how much calls and text would be in Guinea.  My husband called and added Global Pass.  It’s true that Global pass was not offered to me in the text when I reached Guinea, but it never occurred to us that Global Pass may not cover Guinea…. Common mistake.  A couple days in my husband asks me to turn off my phone because we are getting roaming charges.  He calls customer service and they assure him it’s a mistake… They will send him an email in 24 hours showing the charges are fine. It’s safe to turn my phone back on….  
so I turn my phone back in.  A day or two later… More roaming charges.  Once again… Customer service assured him we are fine.  I turn my phone back on…

We accrued 1100.00 in charges. Xfinity has done the “courtesy” of removing 200.00.

We did mistakenly assume that Guinea was covered by the Global Travel Pass but I would not have continued to use my phone if my husband hadn’t been verbally reassured by their customer service department twice that the global pass was going to cover my service and the fees were a mistake.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here